• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

most people want to get rid of mold from photo. I want to add it (image of it anyway)

Explorer ,
Mar 14, 2017 Mar 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I want to add an image of mold growing, over a pdf image.  I've got lots of choices of mold growing that I can get from Shutterstock, but they all show mold growing against/on a background.  I want to see the mold, so I can see the content of my image below (photos, graphics, text).

I know how to use Photoshop to remove a background I don't want around a simple shape, but mold growing is anything but a simple shape.

Does anyone here know of a transparent image of mold growing (a .png, with no background) that I can purchase?

Or... is there a way to take an image of mold growing that I can buy from Shutterstock, and get rid of the white (that's the most common) background?

Thanks,

Malcolm

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 14, 2017 Mar 14, 2017

Hi

I don't know of an image of mould with transparent background. But, if you want to put an image that you have found over another and make the white transparent then the best way will depend on the wanted content in the  two images . You could look at :

a. Masking

b. Blending modes (e.g. darken)

c. Blend If slider (in layer blending options)

If you can share each image (or a section of each) , we may be able to help you better

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I don't know of an image of mould with transparent background. But, if you want to put an image that you have found over another and make the white transparent then the best way will depend on the wanted content in the  two images . You could look at :

a. Masking

b. Blending modes (e.g. darken)

c. Blend If slider (in layer blending options)

If you can share each image (or a section of each) , we may be able to help you better

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

You could also search Google for a set of brushes, search for : Photoshop, mould brushes

Pierre

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, both, for your replies.  I will look into masking and blending, Dave (and look at some tutorials about how to do them).  And Pierre, I'm intrigued about these mould brushes.  Will look for them.  By the way, up here in Canada, I spell mould with a 'u' as well.  I used the American spelling (mold) because I figure so many people on this forum must be Americans.  But now that I think of it, the people one meets here are probably from all over the world.

Regards, Malcolm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi

As for me, i'm a bilingual guy, from Québec, Canada. (my main language is French)

Yes ,in english, wording can be : mold, mildew, mouldiness, moldiness, mould, moulder, molder, sweat. ( or grunge )

Pierre

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines