• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects missing .dll Files

New Here ,
Aug 06, 2016 Aug 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone! I'm using plenty of Adobe's creative software (such as Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, Premiere Pro, ...). All of a sudden, some applications won't start no longer. These applications state to miss .dll files. As I'm a programmer and developer myself, I knew how to deal with the problem and thus I was able to solve the problem for Audition, however, other applications (e.g. Premiere Pro, After Effects or Speedgrade) just remain with their problem. I already searched the Internet. No solution. Interestingly, Photoshop has never stopped working.

I'm looking forward to seeing some answers and hopefully the right one. 😉 Down below all errors that occur sequentially whenever I start any non-working application:

---------------------------

AfterFX.exe - System Error

The program can't start because MSVCR100.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.

OK  

The program can't start because MSVCP100.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.

OK  

The program can't start because MSVCR100.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.

OK  

(Yes, the latter actually occurs two times!)

TOPICS
Crash

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 07, 2016 Aug 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And what system actually? Do you use debug versions of these DLLs or other system components? Do you have any developer tools running for memory tracking and all that jazz? You need to be much more specific and of course obviously proper system logs or additional info e.g. via Process Explorer. also check your firewall, virus tools and whatnot. You simply haven't proviuded much that would be useful.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 08, 2016 Aug 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 14, 2017 Mar 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue and I have updated my Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable 2015. Does that mean I have to install back to 2012 one? Sorry, I didn't quite understand, just asking for being sure

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 30, 2022 Jan 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

dude you are awesome! I've thrown so maany hours at this problem, and this finally did it, you saved me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines