• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help! Brush thickness stays same

Community Beginner ,
Mar 14, 2017 Mar 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried using a brush preset that would start thin, become thick and finally go back to thin. However, the thickness stays the same, like the Marke pen's drawing effect. You can see in the highlighted portion of the screen how it should look. Can anyone tell why it's coming out this way?

Screen Shot 2017-03-14 at 2.02.46 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-03-14 at 2.05.39 PM.png

And when I load the new similiar brush preset into Photoshop, it still draws with the same effect: the thickness stays the same. The drawing's effect is different from the preview showing.

Screen Shot 2017-03-14 at 2.03.04 PM.png

I Googled a lot about this issue, but still haven't found the solution to make the brush become what I expect( or what the preview shows). Thank you very much.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 14, 2017 Mar 14, 2017

You can use a mouse to draw lines, but certain features do require more than a mouse.  Take a peek under Shape Dynamics for options.Screen Shot 2017-03-14 at 2.39.33 PM.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you controlling this with a tablet and pen? If so there appears to be an issue with Photoshop seeing your pen pressure (hence the warning triangle in your last screenshot).

Can you give some details of your system, Photoshop version and (if applicable)  tablet make/model

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, I'm so grateful that you replied my post.

Then answering your questions:

1, I just used the Mac mouse to draw the lines.

I already tried to reset the Photoshop Preference , but it didn't work. And I tried to reset different factors in the Brush Panel to observe whether it's improved, like clicking the "pen pressure"(the last screenshot you just saw). But the result is the same. Other control choices are also tried.

2, my Photoshop version is Photoshop CC 2015.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks again for your friendly reply just now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm guessing (and could be wrong) that you are using a mouse and not a tablet w/pressure sensitivity.  The change in brush shape/contour is created by pressure, which cannot be with a mouse.  Please let me know if I am mistaken.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, I see. So even if it is the Photoshop default brush, we have to use the pen to draw lines.

But I'm still a little confused. I loaded the Kyle's brushes and he said we don't need to use the Pen with his brush preset. Finally thank you very much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can use a mouse to draw lines, but certain features do require more than a mouse.  Take a peek under Shape Dynamics for options.Screen Shot 2017-03-14 at 2.39.33 PM.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much. I'm going to buy the tablet pen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

lanm25716822. I'm going to buy the tablet pen.

If you do much drawing/painting you will find it well worth it

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines