Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

File reverted to LAST WEEK on crash

New Here ,
Mar 14, 2017 Mar 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

My employee is working in photoshop on a painting for the last week.

Today the powersource came loose on his laptop causing the battery to die without him noticing.

When power was restored the computer came back on and had some updates to install (WIN10). When going to open the file it had restored to LAST WEEK's save point (Shows a save dat of 03/07, today is 03/14).

I understand how a few hours work could be lost if it didn't autosave but a WEEK?! There is nothing in the file history or restore folders.

I know he has a save last night at least as he sent me a WIP jpg and he would have save the PSD at that time.

At this point I don't see a way to recover that file but I want to figure out what he might have done to avoid this happening again.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi
Your experience really does emphasise the need for incremental saves i.e.  "Save As"   filenameA.psd  ; filenameB.psd etc..... The regularity depends on how  you value your time if you have to drop back.

You may also want to take a look at this thread, from just a few days ago,  where we discuss using Drop Box  and the CC Cloud storage  to easily save versions whilst working

Roll Back File Version using DropBox

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In house we all use dropbox all the time. This is an outside contractor, so we can't have him on our main dropbox.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

prudencer95546150  wrote

I know he has a save last night at least as he sent me a WIP jpg and he would have save the PSD at that time.

He could have saved out a jpeg without saving the psd, and then it would be lost. Some people don't reboot for a week, they just let the machine go to sleep and then pick up.

Lesson learned, I should think.

If the psd really was saved and then reverted to a week before, it would be a malfunction of previously unheard of proportions. Not saying it couldn't happen, but we'd hear about it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines