• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Organizing Catalog after Aperture Import

New Here ,
Mar 14, 2017 Mar 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After importing my photos from Aperture into Lightroom via the Lightroom plug-in, all my Aperture photos are now in a subfolder within "Photos" entitled "Lightroom Masters". How do I integrate the "Lightroom Masters" into the "Pictures" folder without messing anything up?Screen Shot 2017-03-14 at 2.36.17 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 14, 2017 Mar 14, 2017

May I suggest a different approach?

Leave the folders as they are, and use keywords and other metadata to achieve organization and to search. This is not only simpler and more error proof — you do not have to perform the work to "integrate" your photos — and gives you a more powerful solution.

If you ever need to find 2016 photos, you can do this using the Lightroom filter bar, even if the folders remain as you have shown.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The easiest and safest way to do that would be to close Lightroom and then use Finder to move the Masters folder as a  subfolder of the Pictures folder. Then open Lightroom and right-click on the Masters folder and update the folder location. If you are brave  you can try dragging the Masters folder and dropping it on the Pictures folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Lightroom Masters folder contains other subfolders of pictures by year. I have a 2016 and 2017 folder in both the Lightroom Masters folder and in the Pictures folder. I want to integrate the pictures together so I don't want the Lightroom Masters to remain a separate subfolder of the Pictures folder. Are you saying the safe way to move the Lightroom Masters folder would be to go into Finder and move it to the Pictures Folder? What happens to the Lightroom Masters name? Does it disappear? Sorry to sound dumb but I am so used to Aperture that this is new to me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

May I suggest a different approach?

Leave the folders as they are, and use keywords and other metadata to achieve organization and to search. This is not only simpler and more error proof — you do not have to perform the work to "integrate" your photos — and gives you a more powerful solution.

If you ever need to find 2016 photos, you can do this using the Lightroom filter bar, even if the folders remain as you have shown.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines