• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Navigation to the webpage was canceled

New Here ,
Jun 07, 2007 Jun 07, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Other browsers (FireFox and Netscape) display the topics, but Internet Explorer 7.0 displays 'Navigation to the webpage was canceled' when the RoboHelp v. 6.0 chm file is launched from a subfolder in My Documents (received from another developer) for Microsoft HTML projects. The Contents and Index display, but not the associated topic. All chm files display fine when opened from the desktop AND anywhere by the author. I've researched Help and Adobe Forums, but haven't found an answer. All help indicates that only the chm file needs to be distributed. It worked fine in prior versions. Our client will probably launch the project from a network, so we need the ability to enable it from any location.

Thanks for any guidance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,
Jun 07, 2007 Jun 07, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi patrandle and welcome to our community

If you received this .CHM from another person, you will likely need to unblock it. I have instructions you may need. You may view them by clicking here.

Give that a try and let us know how you make out!

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 30, 2008 Aug 30, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rick, thanks for that web page showing how to unblock a CHM file. I am wondering though, is there a way to correct this problem compiling the CHM -- somewhere in the source files. I doubt it: I got nothing when I searched for "unblock" in Robo's helps.

-- David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Sep 01, 2008 Sep 01, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi, David, and welcome,

No, I'm afraid that there's nothing you can configure in the help source files that removes the need to unblock a downloaded .chm file. If this were possible, it would undermine the security restrictions that Microsoft introduced three years ago to stop malware writers from distributing their wares via .chm files.

However, system administrators can implement a very limited set of workarounds, as described in this article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/902225

Pete

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 12, 2007 Jun 12, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much for your help! One of my associates found the answer earlier, but I should have thanked you earlier.

Thanks!
Pat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 24, 2008 Apr 24, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to correct multiple computers of this new Microsoft "feature," or will the "Unblock" need to be performed on each computer that accesses the .chm file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 24, 2008 Apr 24, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to our community, Doesitall2

It all depends on how the .CHM file is deployed. If received via E-Mail or by downloading from the web, the users will likely need to unblock after saving. But if the .CHM has been installed as part of an application, they shouldn't need to unblock anything.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp