• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe After effects free trial won't install.

New Here ,
Mar 14, 2017 Mar 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to get the 30 day free trial for after effects. I clicked download, then opened it, then clicked "Run" and then "Yes" when it asked me "Do you want the following program to make changes to this computer?" After I clicked that, it didn't do anything. I tried moving the file named "After_Effects_Set-Up" to the users file, and it didn't work. Then I moved the set-up file to the desktop & tried to download it. Neither worked. I've tried doing this every once and a while for a couple of weeks, but it still doesn't work. My computer has definitely restarted between then and now. I looked at task manager, and there it is, "After_Effects_Set-Up.exe*32. Sitting there. Probably doing nothing. I'm on windows 7. If you guys can help me, then that would be great.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 15, 2017 Mar 15, 2017

Try installing it via the Creative Cloud app instead.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for responding, and responding so quick. Yes I do have the 64-bit version of Windows 7.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there something else I need to do before downloading the trial?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 15, 2017 Mar 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try installing it via the Creative Cloud app instead.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 15, 2017 Mar 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much! It worked. I downloaded the application and then I clicked free trial next to after effects and it downloaded just fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 16, 2017 Mar 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad it's working for you!

Don't forget to mark the post with the solution as the Correct Answer to close out the thread and so that future forum folk can find the answer more quickly. (And feel free to mark any/all posts as "helpful" too.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines