• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exporting to EPub - Damaged file?

New Here ,
Mar 14, 2017 Mar 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to export my indesign file to be an EPub, but when I do this, and try to open the new file I get an error box stating

'Adobe Reader could not open _file_ becuase it is either not a supported file type or because the file has been damaged (for example, it was sent as an email attachement and wasn't correctly decoded).'

How can I successfully save my file as an EPub? I need to create a fixed layout document ready to sell online as an EBook.

Any EBook advice for a fixed layout indesign document would be most appreciated as well - there is not much information available about this. Is it even possible? How can I export a fixed layout document to sell on Amazon or iTunes etc? Most eBooks appear to be reflowable documents. This will not work in my case.

Thanks in advance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 14, 2017 Mar 14, 2017

Acrobat/Read does not open EPUBs. It’s for PDFs. You need a dedicated EPUB reader such as iBook or Readium.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 14, 2017 Mar 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Acrobat/Read does not open EPUBs. It’s for PDFs. You need a dedicated EPUB reader such as iBook or Readium.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines