• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how to remove excessive blue "bloom" from black areas of bracketed Photomatix Tif's

New Here ,
Mar 14, 2017 Mar 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've loaded Tif photos into Lightroom CC which are from bracketed HDR merged Photomatix Pro processing & they have excessive blue "bloom" (not sure if correct terminology) in Lightroom CC.  No matter what sliders I've chosen, I've been unable to eliminate the excessive blue color.  This excessive blue color is only visible in the darkest black sections of the images...Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to remove this blue color?  Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 14, 2017 Mar 14, 2017

I think what you are describing is the shadow clipping indicator. This is a tool that is built into Lightroom to help you see shadow areas that are being clipped. In other words, shadow detail is being lost. In most cases you should be able to correct that by adjusting the shadows  or the blacks. If you don't want to see that shadow clipping indicator and the accompanying red highlight clipping indicator you can press the J key to toggle both indicators on/off. Or you can click on the little squ

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think what you are describing is the shadow clipping indicator. This is a tool that is built into Lightroom to help you see shadow areas that are being clipped. In other words, shadow detail is being lost. In most cases you should be able to correct that by adjusting the shadows  or the blacks. If you don't want to see that shadow clipping indicator and the accompanying red highlight clipping indicator you can press the J key to toggle both indicators on/off. Or you can click on the little squares in the upper left and right-hand corners of the histogram  to control each of the indicators individually.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Outstanding!  Thank you!  (Should have caught that.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines