• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to add a stroke equally around all effects?

New Here ,
Mar 14, 2017 Mar 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How would I apply a stroke on the outside of text and other effects like a drop shadow?

ss+(2017-03-14+at+05.39.58).jpg

Here is an example of the idea in mind, but the white stroke isn't around the drop shadow and text equally and that's the goal to achieve here in this situation.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Mentor , Mar 14, 2017 Mar 14, 2017

You can do trick with a double stroke: 1st stroke as stroke, 2nd stroke as glow effect.

https://indesignsecrets.com/creating-double-outlines-around-text.php

However, I prefer to do such things in Illustrator. You can't trick triple stroke

(You can do some Double Stroke on Images , but all that things better to do in Illustrator)

Votes

Translate

Translate
Mentor ,
Mar 14, 2017 Mar 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can do trick with a double stroke: 1st stroke as stroke, 2nd stroke as glow effect.

https://indesignsecrets.com/creating-double-outlines-around-text.php

However, I prefer to do such things in Illustrator. You can't trick triple stroke

(You can do some Double Stroke on Images , but all that things better to do in Illustrator)

Remember, never say you can't do something in InDesign, it's always just a question of finding the right workaround to get the job done. © David Blatner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines