• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premier Elements 15

New Here ,
Nov 30, 2016 Nov 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently purchased (yesterday, 11/29) Photoshop Premiere Elements.  When the Adobe screen appeared, it showed two downloads...Photoshop Elements 15 & Premiere Elements 15.  I ended up downloading both.  Can I delete the Photoshop Elements as it would be part of the Premiere Elements 15?  Also, there was a quick error message box that flashed on my screen during the download of Premiere Elements 15.  It was so fast, I couldn't read what the error was.  I looked at my PC for any download error messages being stored, but found nothing.  Should I just uninstall both and then reinstall Premiere Elements 15?  Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Best regards to all,

Gordon

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It may be part of the premier elements package but still be separate applications.  If I were you I would have both installed. This is also A Photoshop user forum.  There are Premier Elements and Photoshop Elements user forums.  Users here use Photoshop not Elements.

Premiere Elements

Photoshop Elements

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry JJ, thought I had posted in the proper place.  Clicked on the Photoshop icon and what you see, is what I got for a Forum post.

Regards,

Gordon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 14, 2017 Mar 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would never recommend any of the abobe premiere elements video editing product to anyone. I current own the 14.... rendering is super slow, and i have a pretty fast mac... also, the chroma key functionality (that i need to use in all my videos) is only available on the windows platform, which is pretty lame. None of their recommended mattes work as well as the chroma key... so i have to buy a 3rd party editing software just to be able to use chroma key.

So until Adobe wakes up and release some updates/plugins for the elements on mac, i'll continue to turn ppl away form the software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 15, 2017 Mar 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

war85ren  wrote

I would never recommend any of the abobe premiere elements video editing product to anyone. I current own the 14.... rendering is super slow, and i have a pretty fast mac... also, the chroma key functionality (that i need to use in all my videos) is only available on the windows platform, which is pretty lame. None of their recommended mattes work as well as the chroma key... so i have to buy a 3rd party editing software just to be able to use chroma key.

So until Adobe wakes up and release some updates/plugins for the elements on mac, i'll continue to turn ppl away form the software.

I'm a user at the consumer level.  I do it for fun.  I've used versions 9, 10, 11, 13 and now 15 on PCs.  I'm very happy with Premier Elements and would recommend it to anyone not needing the commercial tools in Premiere Pro.  In fact, for software, Premier Elements is a bargain.  If anyone reading this wants to check, I have some publicly available videos at Bill Sprague on Vimeo  All of them were done with Premiere Elements.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well that's good you're enjoying the software. I feel I was deceived. I bought elements 14 specifically for the chroma key functionality... only to realize that the one thing I needed is only available on Windows platform, They didn't not make that known in the review of the software . So yeah I'm bitter, so im voicing my frustration here, not at anyone in the forum. When I contact the sales rep via chat to see if elements 15 has the chroma key, the dude said give him 2mins so he can check... one hour later I'm still waiting with no answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Manual for PRE15 says "Chroma Key (Windows only)" and "Blue Screen Key and Green Screen Key (Windows only)" so no go.

Agree that marketing should state major feature differences like this - have not checked if so.

But don't agree that it is relevant to post like crazy all over not recommending PRE because of it either.

If questions about Chroma key, just comment on Mac version differences unless staff do so already.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved to Premier Elements forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This comment was not helpful...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't understand why you've tagged onto this thread, war85. Your comments are of no help to the original poster and in fact distract from his getting help.

You're welcome to your opinions, but please don't attack other users. If you need to vent, start your own thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Once again, War85, the issue isn't your frustration with the software. it's that you've decided to voice your frustration by going through this user-to-user forum and randomly dropping in on requests for help just to rant.

Your comments are not helpful to anyone and, what's worse, THEY DON'T REACH ADOBE since you're posting to a user-to-user forum.

Please respect the needs of others.

Also, if you'd contact Adobe directly you'd see that they are actually very good about refunding the cost of a product within a short time following the purchase if the customer is unsatisfied.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines