• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trouble getting download exe. to run.

New Here ,
Mar 12, 2017 Mar 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problem started when popup started asking if I wanted to activate flash player all the time.

I got tired of going thru the ritual and decided to remove and reinstall the program hoping

to cure the problem but to my dismay, I found that when tried to run the latest version of

the installation download by double clicking or the start panel run function, my PC would not do it.

I think there might be some leftover stuff from the original install blocking the reinstall but

that's only a guess.

Right now the only way I can run movies is by messing around with Quick Time (ugh)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 13, 2017 Mar 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What operating system and browser is this on?

What does "my PC would not do it" mean?  What happens, exactly (step-by-step) when you double-click on the installer file to launch the installer?

If there is an error, post a screenshot - see How do I attach a screenshot?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 14, 2017 Mar 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Windows XP and Firefox is my browser.

Not much to the step by  step action,  download the flash player installer, double click it and nothing happens.

As noted in my original post, I have also tried to run the file from the start panel "run function" but when I do,

nothing happens ("my PC would not do it").

I do not get a dialog box or message of any kind so there is nothing to capture with a screenshot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 15, 2017 Mar 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

What Service Pack, if any, do you have installed on XP? The online installers are signed using a sha256 certificate which is supported on Windows XP with Service Pack 3. Try using the offline installer available under 'Still having problems' section on Installation problems | Flash Player | Windows 7 and earlier page in the 'Still having problems' section.

We recommend you to move to a newer OS version or atleast install Service Pack 3 in case you are using lower version.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines