• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Making a macOS application from working Windows application??

Community Beginner ,
Feb 14, 2017 Feb 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have an ActionScript project for an application that runs on Windows. Now I want to compile and export the application to run on macOS.

1. Do I need to specify that I want a macOS project when I start a new project? How to do that?

For windows projects, I select new “actionscript project” I can select “web” or “desktop” but I don’t see where to specify “macOS”. If I choose new “actionscript Mobile Project”, then I can pick “iOS”, but that is for iPAD and iPhone. I want macOS, just for regular mac laptops.

2. If I just select “actionscript project” and proceed, then I come to an error when I add in my mac ANE files. The error says:

this ANE does not support air-native-win32 platform

So I think that somewhere… I need to specify that this project is not for windows, but is for macOS.

3. When I export the project, there are a number of options, which one is correct to build a macOS project?

If I just use the Export Release Build . I get a release for Windows Applications.

The macOS build release should look something like this:

Two folders:

-  _MACOSX     and

-   applicationname.app

Thanks for any help making a macOS application with Flash Builder

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 15, 2017 Mar 15, 2017

Hi,

If you want to publish a mac os AIR App, you need to first download AIR SDK for mac ( Download Adobe AIR SDK ) . You can publish app Mac AIR app using a Mac machine. Currently you are trying it on Windows machine where you can't publish a mac app.

-Vivek

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 15, 2017 Mar 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

If you want to publish a mac os AIR App, you need to first download AIR SDK for mac ( Download Adobe AIR SDK ) . You can publish app Mac AIR app using a Mac machine. Currently you are trying it on Windows machine where you can't publish a mac app.

-Vivek

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines