Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Previews are broken?

New Here ,
Mar 13, 2017 Mar 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm having problems with the latest update lightroom. Since the update, my previews look like this:

image.png

I already deleted the preview file, but lightroom recreates the previews with the same result. If I export the picture to jpeg, the picture has no errors. Anyone the same issue?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 13, 2017 Mar 13, 2017

Try deactivating the GPU acceleration: Adobe Lightroom GPU Troubleshooting and FAQ

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 13, 2017 Mar 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try deactivating the GPU acceleration: Adobe Lightroom GPU Troubleshooting and FAQ

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 15, 2017 Mar 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will give it a try, as soon as I'm back home.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Disabling the HW Acceleration solved the issue. Hopefully, it is usable with the next update of lightroom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AFAIK, Adobe is constantly improving the GPU acceleration.

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

at least for me, the last update was no improvement

before that, the previews were working correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OK, let me rephrase ... AFAIK, Adobe is constantly trying to improve the GPU acceleration.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a corrupted image file. The file became corrupted because of some hardware malfunction somewhere on your computer or camera. You have to try importing the photo again using different hardware, and if possible, on an entirely different computer, to see if you can isolate the problem. The possible list of causes are: camera malfunction, camera card going bad, bad card reader, bad USB cable, bad USB port, failing hard disk, bad memory chips.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was afraid, that this is the case, but using a different pc and the same picture (same file, as it is on a network drive) the picture looks normal. So I'm pretty sure, that the image itself is not corrupted or damaged.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines