• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Presets inactive

New Here ,
Mar 12, 2017 Mar 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My presets option doesn't seem to be active. I am currently using the free trial. Does this limit what I can do. I have presets that I purchased and I want to import them to lightroom but the option isn't available to me. Am I doing something wrong. Sorry. I am very new to lightroom and am still in the learning process. I was watching a tutorial and it told me to just right click. But when I right click there is nothing. No option to create a new folder. Please help!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 12, 2017 Mar 12, 2017

You need to R-Click on an existing folder in the Presets Panel of the Develop module (eg. User Presets) . Not on the Presets header line.

This will give you the "Import" option (and a new folder option) where you can then navigate to the folder of your purchased presets. (They must not be in a zip compressed file)

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 12, 2017 Mar 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to R-Click on an existing folder in the Presets Panel of the Develop module (eg. User Presets) . Not on the Presets header line.

This will give you the "Import" option (and a new folder option) where you can then navigate to the folder of your purchased presets. (They must not be in a zip compressed file)

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 13, 2017 Mar 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I DID click on the user presets...and not just the header!! It still didn't work! I am not completely incapable of following directions! But the directionso I followed...didn't work!!!

--

Sent from myMail for Android

Sunday, 12 March 2017, 11:15PM -03:00 from wobertc forums_noreply@adobe.com<mailto:forums_noreply@adobe.com>:

Presets inactive

created by wobertc<https://forums.adobe.com/people/wobertc> in Photoshop Lightroom - View the full discussion<https://forums.adobe.com/message/9387384#9387384>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry- I do not have an answer for "it didn't work".

As you are only on a (7-day) trial, it does not seem to be constructive to continue pursuing the 'presets' problem. Better that you could have Lightroom working correctly (with included default presets). A missing Right-click menu might indicate it is not working correctly for you.

However an article like this can better describe the details about presets far better than I can-

Mastering Lightroom: How to Manage Presets

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 14, 2017 Mar 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ACTUALLY...I have already PURCHASED...the $9.99 / month so DON'T tell me NOT A TO pursue something I HAVE PURCASED!!

--

Sent from myMail for Android

Monday, 13 March 2017, 06:53PM -03:00 from wobertc forums_noreply@adobe.com<mailto:forums_noreply@adobe.com>:

Presets inactive

created by wobertc<https://forums.adobe.com/people/wobertc> in Photoshop Lightroom - View the full discussion<https://forums.adobe.com/message/9389448#9389448>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So to quote you-

I am currently using the free trial.

Your post was wrong?  right?

I have presets that I purchased

Now that is something entirely different! Have you really purchased PRESETS?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 15, 2017 Mar 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry if I come off angry...I am just really frustrated. I really just want to start using lightroom and I end up with difficulty with the program. I know it's not my computer. I had originally tried the free trial on my other computer. I really liked it. I was watching all the tutorials and learned a lot. When I got my new computer which is solely for my photography...it offered another free trial as I am assuming it was my email address for that. I had never tried the presets on the other computer because I wanted to learn how to use it before I purchased it. When I couldn't get the presets to load on my new computer. I assumed it was because it was a free trial. I watched the videos and did what they said...but it wouldn't work. Everything was greyed out. I couldn't even load it manually. So I purchased lightroom under 9.99 a month and had new issues on opening lightroom all together. I was busy all weekend and unable to set at my computer. But I have cleaned everything out and I am trying to re-install Everything! I have purchased several presets that I am excited to try and I hope reinstalling will work. Thank you for your time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My sympathy is with you. It is hard enough learning new software for anyone  without the annoyance of installation problems as well.

Please reply to this thread and keep us informed of your progress.

It is very helpful if you can include screen-clips of error messages when they might occur.

I do not recall you telling us your operating system and version number (Windows/Mac) that is necessary to help with answers including the location of presets.

When you have Lightroom working, and have imported a few images into the catalog, tried the basic development functions, then this link is still worth reading with all you need to know about presets [Chapter 6) in particular.]

Mastering Lightroom: How to Manage Presets

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the preset import command is not working for you, you can install the presets by hand.

In the LR Preferences dialog, you will find where the presets are getting stored.

Using a file browser, go to that location.

Under the appropriate preset type, create a new folder to hold your new presets

If your new presets are in a zip file, unzip them.

Copy the *.LrTemplate files to the new folder you created.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jaime-m-s  wrote: ... I am currently using the free trial.

ACTUALLY...I have already PURCHASED...the $9.99 / month so DON'T tell me NOT A TO pursue something I HAVE PURCASED!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I originally was using the free trial. When Ithe wasent working I assumed because it was a trial...so I purchased the 9.99 a month. Now there are more issues...I can't get my lightroom to open at all!! All I wanted to know if it was because I had the 7 day trial...but all I got was someone telling me that I shouldn't pursue something on a trial...YES I have purchased lightroom...YES I have purchased MANY presets BUT I can't get them to load into lightroom!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines