Exit

RTL for Arabic

New Here ,
Mar 14, 2017 Mar 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all

In Indesign 2017

i write in Arabic normally but when i write dots or : or any character , only character goes to start in Arabic line but the right it be end of line not in start

note i don't have RTL button in any window or menu inside the application

issue.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guru , Mar 14, 2017 Mar 14, 2017

See if you can use the tips on this thread: Re: Arabic character period in the wrong spot?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See if you can use the tips on this thread: Re: Arabic character period in the wrong spot?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HanyMoaty  wrote

note i don't have RTL button in any window or menu inside the application

This means you don't have the Middle Eastern options.

As a Creative Cloud subscriber yourself, you can download InDesign with Arabic Support, and if you don't use Arabic script that often and prefer to stick to the say International English version, then you may download an older InDesign CC 2015 with Arabic support and keep your InDesign CC 2017 as English, this way you can have two copies of InDesign on same machine.

So the answer to your question, punctuations shows on the wrong end since you don't have paragraph direction control that's available in the InDesign version with Arabic support that will fix this issue you're facing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 15, 2017 Mar 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Done

Thaaaaanks

Thank you so much☺

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sorry , but i need your help , i have the same problem also with Photoshop and illustrator

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If the trick worked in InDesign, copy your Arabic text from InDesign and paste it in Photoshop or Illustrator. It may be enough for your short sentences but not for a full article. By the way, once you paste your Arabic text in Photoshop, that particular Photoshop document will continue to accept Arabic natively.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines