• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Blurred image slow to sharpen when switching from one image to another

New Here ,
Mar 15, 2017 Mar 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an i7 processor, 16 GB of RAM, on a 64 bit operating system, yet when I switch from one image to another in Lightroom, the image appears blurry and takes 5-10 seconds to sharpen.  If I want to show a series to someone, I need to export them due to the slow sharpening.  I shoot and process in Canon RAW.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does this happen every time or only when you load a certain image for the first time?

What is your version of LR?

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it's happened every time for several years.  I now use Lightroom CC but it happened in earlier versions as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using the latest 2015.9?

Download Photoshop Lightroom

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you tell us the precise type of your CPU?

If you have more than 4 cores, this could be the issue because LR does not play nice with more than 4 cores.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, most recent version of Lightroom.

I have Intel Core i7 - 5500U CPU @2.4GHz

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, the core count is not your issue.

I think it's due to the rather mediocre performance of your CPU. The 5500U version is a low power 2 core version of the i7.

You can try to improve performance with this guide: Optimize Lightroom performance

If it does not help, I'm sorry to say that you have to live with it or invest in a faster CPU and/or SSD.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OK, thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines