• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign CC 2017 crashes on startup

New Here ,
Mar 15, 2017 Mar 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to open an indesign document on my mac and InDesign continues to crash on startup. I have turned off fonts, cleared my cache, tried to open in safe mode, and reset preferences. 

Crashed Thread:        0  Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

Despite this it refuses to open.  Nothing seems to work. 

Anybody have any other ideas?

Thanks

Chels

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Can you please let us know your Indesign version along with the OS you are working on?

Also if you are working with InDesign CC 2017, did you try the steps mentioned at this page...

InDesign CC 2017 crashes on macOS

-Aman

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Aman -

Yes I have downloaded the plugin and still have the same error.  I am using OS X Yosemite Version 10.10.5

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Since you have already cleaned your cache and preferences by following this Troubleshooting 101: Replace, or "trash" your InDesign preferences ,

I suggest you to uninstall and re install InDesign.

Also, it may be possible that your document may itself be corrupted. For that i request you to follow the guidelines on this page Troubleshoot damaged InDesign documents

Doing above solved the same problem mentioned on a this thread some time back.

InDesign CC 2017 crashes on startup

Let me know if this helps.

Aman

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately those did not work.  I think it may be the file because even in safe mode it would not open.  Is there more support for a file that suddenly stops working?  It is a very important document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Did you try opening the file in a previous InDesign version? If you are able to do so try saving it as IDML. And then work with the idml...

If you are not able to do so, you can mail me the document on amaarora@adobe.com and I can check what is the problem.

-Aman

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 16, 2017 Mar 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Aman -

I am not able to open long enough to save as an IDML.  I sent the file to you yesterday around 1:30pm EST.  Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 07, 2017 Sep 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Does anyone have an answer to this? We have a document that is causing inDesign to crash on multiple macs. The document opens and appears to crash when opening the missing fonts dialog. I have disabled all fonts, deleted the cache. I will try deleting the preferences now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines