• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I get Stock to show up in Photoshop?

New Here ,
Mar 15, 2017 Mar 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm an admin for our CC for Teams account and just added Adobe Stock for Teams (750) to our account. I am able to search, license, and download images from the Stock browser site. However, in Photoshop, searching Stock in the Libraries panel only returns "Sorry, something went wrong while searching Adobe Stock. Please try again."

So, I restarted my computer. No luck.

I search online, and users with the same problem pointed to the Lavasoft Web Companion being the issue. However, I do not have this installed, and that software appears to be PC only, while I'm on a Mac.

Then, I find users with the same problem went to Adobe Extension Manager to turn off the CC extension on Photoshop. I load up Extension Manager, but there are no programs listed. I eventually discover that Extension Manager is no longer supported, with apparently no replacement.

I find a third party extension manager, Anastasiy. It works, but doesn't reveal any mysterious PS extensions. I have 1 currently installed, PSDcovers (for generating mockups).

I've closed and restarted Photoshop numerous times throughout this troubleshooting process as well.

I'm at a loss at this point of what else I can check. My next step would be to uninstall every Adobe app, then reinstall them all, which I want to avoid if it will be for naught.

I'm running on a late 2014 mac mini, macOS Sierra 10.12.2, 16 GB RAM. All the relevant apps are up-to-date (I don't see how Muse, XD, Camera Raw, or Animate would affect this, but they are outdated). I've hopped onto a coworker's computer, which is an iMac on Sierra 10.12.3 (would updating my OS help? my mac store claims I don't need any updates, but I've learned years ago that the app store is horrific at distributing updates) and the in-app Stock feature worked perfectly.

What should I try next? Thanks for any help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 16, 2017 Mar 16, 2017

So the problem is isolated to your Mac Mini? Can you login with your credentials on another computer, access stock in PS just to confirm that this problem is device related and not account access related? If you can access with your credentials on another system then you may want to reach out to Adobe via Chat here: Adobe Stock Learn & Support go to the bottom of this page.

You may also want to update your CC Manager to v.3.9.1.335 if it is not current.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 15, 2017 Mar 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 16, 2017 Mar 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've updated my OS to Sierra 10.12.3 and it's made no difference for the Stock panel.

I've uninstalled then reinstalled Photoshop too with no difference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you access Adobe Stock via CC Libraries in any other app - Illustrator? InDesign? Is this specific to Photoshop? Do you have another laptop that you can log in to with your account credentials and test it in Ps?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, unfortunately I got the same result in Illustrator and Indesign. I booted up Photoshop on my personal laptop under the same CC account, which is a late 2009 Macbook pro on El Cap 10.11.6 (can't upgrade to Sierra). No luck there either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are your login credentials the same for Adobe Stock as they are for your CC apps license?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe so. I had to switch to a 'Team profile' in order to order the 'Team' version of Stock, but that's within the same account/login, and again, my teammates are having no issues accessing Stock within Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So the problem is isolated to your Mac Mini? Can you login with your credentials on another computer, access stock in PS just to confirm that this problem is device related and not account access related? If you can access with your credentials on another system then you may want to reach out to Adobe via Chat here: Adobe Stock Learn & Support go to the bottom of this page.

You may also want to update your CC Manager to v.3.9.1.335 if it is not current.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For testing purposes, could you go to the stock site. (stock.adobe.com) and pick an image there. It has an option in the browser to send to photoshop, or another application. I'm wondering if the pipe works that way? If you're having problems at both ends, you'll likely need to speak to your IT person about firewalls and approving a port for that site. That's something I've witnessed at other businesses and their internal design groups.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had a student with the same problem but it was intermittent. Check your Creative Cloud app and make sure it's working and connected. Try resetting the preferences in Photoshop.

Melissa Piccone | Adobe Trainer | Online Courses Author | Fine Artist

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines