• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Importing graphics to Animate CC

New Here ,
Mar 15, 2017 Mar 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

According to the help and support files, one should be able to import to the stage or library .wmf or .emf files. When I attempt to do this, they do not appear in the library or on the stage. This used to work great in Flash CS6 and Flash CC. Is there a setting I need to change somewhere?

I am using a PC, Windows 10, with an I7 Intel processor and Nvidia Graphics card. I am also using a Lenovo all-in-one with Windows 10, an I5 processor and standard Intel graphics. On neither machine does this work. Converting the file to a png or svg does not give me nice shape-based vector graphic. In attempts to modify the shape, it selects only a single vector point (pixel) and does not allow for a smooth line modification with the mouse.

Any suggestions?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

try svg.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As indicated in my previous post, converting to either png or svg file types fails to give me a vector graphic with a stroke and fill. Yes, I break apart or bitmap trace, but it does not produce the same type of vector as in previous versions of Flash that imported wmf or emf files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SVG is vector graphics, and the strokes and fills get imported ok.

Here's an online converter for wmf to svg. I tried example wmf files and as svg they were still vectors:

Convert WMF to SVG (Online & Free) — Convertio

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your responses. I know how to convert a wmf to a svg. I must not be explaining my self correctly. Yes, I can use Modify Break Apart, and get individual pieces. But I want to point to an edge, get the mouse pointer with the arc symbol, and "bow" the edge. When I point to an edge of an imported svg file, it get the L shape symbol on the mouse pointer, as if I am pointing to single point on a line. This is not what I want or need, and it is not how it worked in previous versions of Flash.

Thanks again for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ordinary SVG seems to show the curve cursor ok, but the converted from WMF file didn't, it had the L cursor you mentioned.

One option for you is to install CS6 again, purely for things like this. Hopefully a WMF imported into CS6, if it has the curve cursor, would still be the same in Animate CC 2017.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines