• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Driver Power State Failure - Blue Screen of Death - Premiere Pro CC 2017

New Here ,
Jan 20, 2017 Jan 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nvidia GTX960M running latest driver as of now: 21.21.13.7633 released 12/11/2016
Eluktronics laptop:

Windows 10 Home

Intel i7-6700HW @ 2.6GHz, 2601 Mhz, 4 Cores, 8 Logical

16GB RAM

Issue started when updated from CC 2015 to CC 2017.

To recreate, I open Premiere, work with a project and after 2 minutes or so there is no response to any input. After a few more minutes the bsod happens with the error driver_power_state_failure.

I have saved two dmp logs and I'm looking for help.

I've tried back-dating the nvidia driver.

I've tried setting the Nvidia control panel 3d settings for premiere to high performance Nvidia processor.

Thanks for reading!
-Natalie

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In GeForce experience driver is listed as 376.33 12/13/2016. Info above was from device manager.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved to Hardware forum for better help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 15, 2017 Mar 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Suggestion: Would it be possible to actually give a link to where the post is moved? Might help people not stumbling on a dead end when searching, which happens enough as it is unfortunately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you look at the top of the forum it reads Hardware forum. That is were the thread now is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see, I hadn't noticed that (my bad). For some reason I expected there to be some more help on the thread, but it seems that's not the case then. Thanks for replying so quickly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 16, 2017 Mar 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are all volunteers here....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 16, 2017 Mar 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh I'm sorry, I wasn't trying to imply that you all aren't working hard to help everyone out! Sorry if I offended you. I just meant that this issue seems to be a problem for quite a number of people, yet I still haven't found a thread with a clear solution for it (I've seen suggestions but none of them worked for me). So again, I want to let you know that I appreciate the work you do here and sorry if I made you think otherwise.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 22, 2017 May 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I have a similar issue with my ASUS N551JX and been doing some research.
In my case, apparently the issue is not directly related with a driver, but with WINDOWS POWER SCHEME settings.

When laptop is connected to power source (power scheme to High Performance), everything goes smooth and no "Power_Drive_State_Failure" occurs, but when its on battery and and battery percentage gest close to 15% (power scheme changes to major battery save), Premiere and Media Encoder crashes and the windows blue screen  appears.

I've checked windows power schemes and tuned the "Balanced power scheme" step by step to check when it fails and for my surprise, it always fails when Processor Maximum performance is set to any value lower than 95%. I'm using it in 96% and blue screen stops to appear when on battery.

This did never happened when I was using Premiere CC (2015), Premiere latest version brought this ... at least to my laptop.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Bruno

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 29, 2017 May 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have the same issue, but with photoshop. clean win 10 install.

however, i have a sneaking suspicion this has to do with intel graphics.

Im running intel  hd graphics 530

Driver: 21.20.16.4664

Above that is a geforce gtx 970m.

Wouldnt happen to have the same intel hd card?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here on the forum we always advise that Premiere on a laptop is only usable when plugged in the the AC power.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The driver is failing to adhere to the power interface of the Windows kernel. An application can't trigger a driver to misbehave in this fashion. So for now I would effort towards a workaround and hope that it gets fixed in a future driver release.

Try setting the system-wide Nvidia setting to High Performance instead of making it application-specific to Premiere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 17, 2017 Oct 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello anyone,

Do we already have any solution on this? It's really stressing ... Or it just cannot be solved?

Thanksss

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2020 Jun 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello all
could any one find a solution for this problem?
Thanks in advance

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines