PS 2017 has become unusable

New Here ,
Mar 12, 2017 Mar 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 10

Geforce 1070, latest drivers

PS 2017.0.1

I keep getting the error pop-up doing just about anything in PS that there is a program error. Looking in the PSErrorLog.text file I see:

2017:03:13 02:17:31 : ..\..\framework\sources\ProxyProvider.cpp : 941 : REQUIRE failed

WHAT IS THIS???? PS has basically become useless! HELP!

I have no extensions except the default ones Adobe Color Themes and Default files.

No plugins installed.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling.

I start with Alt Shift Ctrl to reset prefs. It works for a while then the program error pop-up fun begins again.

I also see this in my error logs:

2017:03:10 03:10:49 : 0000000000004090 of type struct _ARef * __ptr64 not found : 1 : REQUIRE failed

2017:03:10 03:10:49 : e:\ps17\ps_18_win_x64_daily_retail\20161130.r.29\photoshop\main\photoshop\interfaces\UTrackResourceImp.h : 137 : REQUIRE failed

Yet another error message is:

2017:03:09 16:42:37 : ..\..\sources\OwlPsEventController.cpp : 178 : REQUIRE failed

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 13, 2017 Mar 13, 2017

In that case please go to Control Panel, and repair Microsoft Visual C++ 2012, 2013, 2015

Restart the computer and then try to open Photoshop and please let me know if it works.

Note: Do not forget to rename PlugPlugOwl.dll to its original name before launching Photoshop.

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2017\

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 13, 2017 Mar 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi MI Photo,

Could you please check the event viewer when Ps crashes and post a screen shot of the crash log here?

Regards,

Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where exactly do I look in the event viewer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please follow the steps mentioned below: -

1. Click the Start button (Windows Logo).
  2. Click Control Panel.
  3. Click System and Maintenance.
  4. Click Administrative Tools.
  5. Double-click Event Viewer.

Once you have the event viewer opened click on the arrow near Windows Logs on the left to expand it.

Then click on Application.

Then you'll see the crash report in the middle window with a red symbol. If you double click on it, it will show the details of the crash in a separate window.

You can copy those details and paste them here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your assistance.

I've found two types of error logs that keep appearing, one for Photoshop.exe and another for Adobe Spaces Helper.exe. Copy pasting both in case it helps:

-------------------------------

Faulting application name: Photoshop.exe, version: 18.0.1.29, time stamp: 0x583e911d

Faulting module name: PlugPlugOwl.dll, version: 7.0.0.67, time stamp: 0x57dcc2a8

Exception code: 0xc000041d

Fault offset: 0x000000000004c39e

Faulting process id: 0x78f0

Faulting application start time: 0x01d29b99b40e6072

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2017\Photoshop.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2017\PlugPlugOwl.dll

Report Id: ecffa231-8aba-4007-a040-b426c9af3a6f

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

--------------------------------

Faulting application name: Adobe Spaces Helper.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x583e8a7d

Faulting module name: libcef.dll, version: 3.2526.1347.0, time stamp: 0x572d0cf0

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x0000000002656a12

Faulting process id: 0x98d8

Faulting application start time: 0x01d29b99b74da497

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2017\Required\Plug-Ins\Spaces\Adobe Spaces Helper.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2017\Required\Plug-Ins\Spaces\libcef.dll

Report Id: 1d3cb763-6abe-4232-83a8-34a65ea02cec

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please refer to this article and try the solution mentioned and let us know if it helps Photoshop crashes with Lavasoft Chrome extension installed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I checked and I have nothing from Lavasoft installed in Chrome or otherwise.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please go to the location mentioned below and look for PlugPlugOwl.dll and rename it.

Then launch Photoshop and let us know about the outcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Renamed it and when trying to launch PS it says it can't launch because it can't find PlugPlugOwl.dll

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please refer the article below to solve this issue Photoshop crashes with Lavasoft Chrome extension installed

You may also simply rename the file LavasoftTcpService64.dll to Old.LavasoftTcpService64.dll located:-C:\Windows\system32\LavasoftTcpService64.dll and that should fix the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have that dll in my system32 folder.

I mentioned in the previous message that I don't have anything from Lavasoft installed in Chrome or anywhere on my system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In that case please go to Control Panel, and repair Microsoft Visual C++ 2012, 2013, 2015

Restart the computer and then try to open Photoshop and please let me know if it works.

Note: Do not forget to rename PlugPlugOwl.dll to its original name before launching Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 15, 2017 Mar 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I've done as you suggested to repair those, restarted and so far it seems things are back to normal, knock on wood. I hope it lasts.

Thank you for the assistance!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 16, 2017 Mar 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad, you got it working! Feel free to reach out to us for any future queries.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines