Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign Book Panel inconsistent with showing Section prefixes

Enthusiast ,
Mar 14, 2017 Mar 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear all,

I have a book with 30 files, each one has a different section number that looks like this "01:" and each one starts at number 1.

For some reason, in the book panel (as you can see in the screenshot down below) I don't see the section numbers of some documents and I don't understand why.

All the documents were prepared with a document template I prepared in advanced so all of them has the same definitions and preferences, I performed "Update all Numbers", but still, it doesn't help.

Another thing is that it is inconsistent. A document that it's section number was shown, after updating all numbers stop showing it, sometimes all of them not showing it, than later again it does.

I could not find a solution for that.

I also tried to create a new book document but it has the same behaviour.

any idea why?

thank you,

Shlomit

Mac Pro (Late 2013)

Software  OS X 10.11.6 (13E28)

Processor  3.5 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon E5

Memory  32 GB 1867 MHz DDR3 ECC

Graphics  AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB

1 TB Flash Storage

External 10 TB SAS Disk

Adobe CC 2017 Middle Eastern Version

Screen Shot 2017-03-14 at 11.27.41 14-3-17.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Mar 15, 2017 Mar 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do all InDesign documents have 'Include Prefix when Numbering Pages' selected in their Document Numbering Options? (Select document in Book panel, then choose Document Numbering Options from Book panel menu).

Also what happens if you click in the blank space at the bottom of your document listing in the Book panel to ensure you have no document selected, then choose Update Numbering > Update All Numbers from the Book panel menu?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Mar 23, 2017 Mar 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Cari,

No as I don't want the section prefix to appear next to page number.

But since all the documents starts at page 1, I had to ad prefix to prevent double page number.

I already tried to the second question you asked. None selected, all selected, even creat a new book document, the result is always the same.

Nothing helps.

thank you

shlomit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines