• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Plug-In extra problem

New Here ,
Mar 15, 2017 Mar 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the first time this has happened to me.  I installed nothing new or made no changes to the program.  I went to enfuse some images and I got the (none defined) statement next to the plug-in extras dropdown.  It won't let me enfuse the images.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 15, 2017 Mar 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are three Plug-in Extras menu, under File, Library, and Help.  Have you looked under both File and Library?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 16, 2017 Mar 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried them all and the same result.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe this plugin is only available in the Export dialog box?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Mar 11, 2022 Mar 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OMG, why?!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got the (none defined) statement next to the plug-in extras dropdown. 

If the File > Plug-in Extras menu is showing "(none defined)", something is wrong with your preferences or your LR installation. At a minimum, the preinstalled LR plugins should be showing (e.g. Canon Tether Plugin, Facebook, Flickr, etc.) -- they can't be removed.

1. Try resetting LR's preferences: https://www.lightroomqueen.com/articles-page/how-do-i-reset-lightrooms-preferences/

2. Uninstall and reinstall LR.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

johnrellis  wrote

If the File > Plug-in Extras menu is showing "(none defined)",

Not if the plugin is an export or publish provider and has no menus of its own?

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not if the plugin is an export or publish provider and has no menus of its own?

Regardless of what the plugin provides, you should see the preinstalled LR plugins listed under File > Plug-in Extras, but in this case, nothing is listed, only "(none defined)".  I found several other reports of this over the years, but no solution posted.

Also, LR/Enfuse plugin does provide a command under the File > Plug-in Extras menu: LR/Enfuse - Blend Multiple Exposures Together in Adobe Lightroom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

johnrellis  wrote

If the File > Plug-in Extras menu is showing "(none defined)", something is wrong with your preferences or your LR installation. At a minimum, the preinstalled LR plugins should be showing (e.g. Canon Tether Plugin, Facebook, Flickr, etc.) -- they can't be removed.

John, I'm not seeing them listed at File > Plug-in Extras on my Windows 7 LR 2015.8 system, but they are installed. I only see the below plugins that I installed. My guess is that Enfuse is not properly installed on the OP's system.

http://photographers-toolbox.com/products/lrenfuse.php?sec=install

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for pointing out I wasn't thinking clearly. The built-in plugins should always show in File > Plug-in Manager, since LR doesn't allow them to be removed:

However, all installed plugins (built-in and user-added) can be disabled.  When there are no enabled plugins, then File > Plug-in Extras shows "(none defined)":

So a better set of troubleshooting steps:

1. Go to File > Plug-in Manager.

2. If no plugins are listed (including the builtin plugins), then a) reset preferences and if necessary b) reinstall LR.  Otherwise:

3. If plugins are listed, make sure LR/Enfuse is listed.

4. If it's listed but not enabled, enable it.

5. If it's listed and enabled but still doesn't show up in File > Plug-in Extras, then a) reinstall it, and b) reset preferences if reinstalling doesn't help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines