• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Trouble PLEASE HELP!!!!

New Here ,
Mar 15, 2017 Mar 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys, so just recently Lightroom began to distort my shadows, or blacks in each of my .RAW/CR2 images. Its like theres a whole ton of banding on my RAW photos and I hate it because it makes editing so hard. When I export the photo, its perfectly fine and has nothing in the shadows or the blacks. Ive tried browsing the web everywhere and it seems like Im the only one on earth with this problem. I have tried everything, from messing with the catalog settings, going into preferences and messing with quality settings in there and NOTHING.

Below is some screenshots of the problem and my Mac Book Pro Info:

Running macOSSierra Version 10.12.3

MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2012)

Processor 2.9GHz Intel Core i7

Memory 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Startup Disk Macintosh HD

Graphics Intel HD Graphics 4000 1536 MB

Macbook Screenshot:

Screen Shot 2017-03-15 at 4.50.59 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-03-15 at 4.57.21 PM.png

This photo here is while my laptop is connected to my Samsung monitor ^^^Screen Shot 2017-03-15 at 4.48.51 PM.png

I decided to bring up the brightness of the overall image just so you can see it better.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 16, 2017 Mar 16, 2017

If you're using Lightroom 5.6, see this thread: Re: My pictures become wonky when I go to Develop tab

Updating to 5.7.1 should fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are talking about the blue in the edge of the Coat, I think you are talking about the shadow clipping indicator that is activated. If you are referring to something different, please clarify.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I am talking about the weird texture in the coat. Unfortunately, it cant be the shadow clipping indicator. I don't have it turned on. Do you think it could be a problem with my SD card or camera sensor?

Screen Shot 2017-03-15 at 10.41.42 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 16, 2017 Mar 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check the settings in the Preferences dialog, Performance tab. See if turning off the GPU optimization helps any.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're using Lightroom 5.6, see this thread: Re: My pictures become wonky when I go to Develop tab

Updating to 5.7.1 should fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In your screen-shoot above, it was turned on - see the white line around the shadow clipping indicator in Histogram.

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But the histogram shows that there is no black clipping in the image, so the indicator won't show anything.

Also I think the OP is referring to the posterization-like effect in the coat, which looks a lot like the bug in LR 5.6 for Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't see any black clipping either - the triangle would have a color or be white too in that case.

And correct, the OP is talking about a 'weird texture'.

I just added this because he said that it was not active, to make sure he knows about this indicator - maybe this was misleading

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, sorry, I misunderstood your post ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for all the help guys and sorry for the misleading information! it was so hard for me to describe it over text, but basically what Per Berntsen​ said. Theres that posterization like effect on my shadows! I will try to update my Lightroom and try those tips mentioned above and let you guys know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines