• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Create a new design tutorial help

New Here ,
Mar 15, 2017 Mar 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I'm nearly at the end of the Photoshop - 'Create a new design' tutorial and up to create a Custom Shape using the Custom Shape Tool, however when I copy what the tutorial does I get an error message 'could not use the custom shape tool as no layers are selected' but in the tutorial no layers are selected either so not sure why it is doing it to me. Any one have any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The custom shape tool can be used in three modes. Pixels, Shape or Path. If set to Pixels a layer needs to be targeted.

Capture.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

carlaryn  wrote

Hi I'm nearly at the end of the Photoshop - 'Create a new design' tutorial and up to create a Custom Shape using the Custom Shape Tool, however when I copy what the tutorial does I get an error message 'could not use the custom shape tool as no layers are selected' but in the tutorial no layers are selected either so not sure why it is doing it to me. Any one have any ideas?

Carlary, this is very similar to the last thread you started, and in both cases you have assumed we know what tutorial you are referring to.  You need to help us help you, by giving full information.  We need to know

Photoshop version

Operating system

A link to the tutorial you are having problems with.

And it would be _very_ useful if you paste a screen shot of your work space showing the full screen, the layers and history panels.  Just copy the screen and paste to this thread without downsizing using Ctrl v (Cmd v)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Mar 16, 2017 Mar 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am guessing, you have not chosen the right layer so this error is showing. As someone has already suggested, it is needed to choose right layer where you are applying some action.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines