• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Indesign's summary

Explorer ,
Mar 16, 2017 Mar 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please, I need help with Indesign's summary. The items of list repeat, I don't want this. I want only the first occurrence.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guide , Mar 16, 2017 Mar 16, 2017

Hi.

Which such a lack of information and not seeing any screenshot, I'll have to check my crystal ball...

Hmmmmm....

It says:

You've got several pages with the same title - placed in a header or a footer - and you want that the Table of content returns only the first one. Am I right?

If that so, create a "Running Header" variable based on the relevant paragraph style.

Insert it in your Master page. ONLY in the page you want it defined first, unlock master element, and replace the variable by the title

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Can you provide more details on the version of InDesign and the operating system you are using?

Also, it would help if you describe the type of document you are working on and what you are trying to achieve.

Can you describe the 'summary' you are trying to create?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The ultimate version CC and Windows 7.

A Summary for the file and a summary for the book. This project is protucts catalog.

There are several items with the same title, but I need only the first occurrence to appear in the table of contents.

I don't a lot speack English. I hope I succeeded in getting me to understand.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could duplicate your paragraph style that you actually use for your titles and rename it in, for example, "Title for summary".

Then you should apply this paragraph style only on the first occurrences of your titles.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

Which such a lack of information and not seeing any screenshot, I'll have to check my crystal ball...

Hmmmmm....

It says:

You've got several pages with the same title - placed in a header or a footer - and you want that the Table of content returns only the first one. Am I right?

If that so, create a "Running Header" variable based on the relevant paragraph style.

Insert it in your Master page. ONLY in the page you want it defined first, unlock master element, and replace the variable by the title.

title.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Great! This is exactly my question! Thanks very much! vinny38​

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines