Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I have actualized Adobe cloud, and now can't open .obj from photoshop

Community Beginner ,
Mar 14, 2017 Mar 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I just actualized the latest versions of different apps in Creative Cloud, and now I can't open .obj . When I tryi to open an .obj file in Photoshop, the following window pops up:

opengl.jpg

Translation: This action couldn't be completed because the 3D functionality is currently deactivated because OpenGL is not activated.

This was working few hours ago, and I have never seen this. Funny thing is that it opens .dae without a problem. What happens and how can I solve it?

Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 15, 2017 Mar 15, 2017

That's the one. It's enabled. Weird. Try looking at the settings under the "Advanced Settings" button immediately underneath as well.

Did you try also updating the drivers for the video card? NVIDIA released new drivers the other day.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 14, 2017 Mar 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is GPU acceleration enabled under Edit > Preferences > Performance > Graphics Processor Settings?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 15, 2017 Mar 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

it shoud be activated.

grafics.jpg

Is it these settings?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 15, 2017 Mar 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's the one. It's enabled. Weird. Try looking at the settings under the "Advanced Settings" button immediately underneath as well.

Did you try also updating the drivers for the video card? NVIDIA released new drivers the other day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 16, 2017 Mar 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It magically started working again. If I have this problem again I'll check what you say. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 16, 2017 Mar 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Awesome, as long as it's working again.    Probably just needed a kick in the pants or something. (I also should mention: Sometimes a system restart helps.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines