• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The black outline shows when printing?

New Here ,
Mar 16, 2017 Mar 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When i export my indesign file to pdf and print it out. How do i change the settings so this doesn't happen?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the black outline part of the InDesign file? It would be helpful to see a screen shot of the InDesign spread with View > Screen Mode > Preview on, and then the corresponding spread in Acrobat or Reader. Use the button outlined in orange, below, to include images in your reply.

JIVE Add screen shot to reply.png

By the way, you posted your question in the non-technical Lounge forum, which is where you can connect with your peers for conversations that don't directly relate to product help and support. I’ll move your question to the InDesign forum so that you can get the answer you are looking for. For a list of all available product forums, see https://forums.adobe.com/welcome/

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Skjermbilde 2017-03-16 kl. 15.03.34.png

Hi. Thank you! This is how it looks, and its the black line that shows in print?!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sandra!

The only black line I can see is around the paper edge—which is non-printing. Perhaps the selected frames are obscuring another line? Would you mind posting a full-window second screen shot with the following in effect?

• Select > Deselect All
  • View > Fit Spread in Window
  • View > Screen Mode > Preview

That way we can see everything and pinpoint the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wonder if there is a black-stroked box (frame) on the Master Page? Simply switching on Visible Guides and Baseline Grids (in PDF export dialog box) would not account for this.

Mike Witherell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmm, ok? Im quite new to this... how do I check if thats the case here?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would go looking in the Pages Panel. I would double-click on the Master Page icons (or labels) in order to get on the Master Page. See if there is a black-stroked box on that page. Perhaps also, someone made a locked layer (look at the Layers Panel) and the black frame is locked down on a layer. Of course, the object frame itself might have been individually locked.

Mike Witherell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi again, Sandra Pernille. Why don't you start with the screen shot I outlined above? Follow the three steps, then take a screen shot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines