• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects Crashes on Zooming Out Beyond 100% in Comp Panel

New Here ,
Mar 14, 2017 Mar 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to zoom out of my comp preview in the comp panel, either with the scroll wheel on my mouse or via the dropdown in the bottom left of the panel, After Effects freezes up and I am presented with the "Adobe After Effects CC 2017.1 has stopped working" message. I am able to zoom in without restriction; only zooming out beyond 100% (i.e. < 100%) causes a problem. AE also crashes if I adjust the value in the Views dropdown. Using the space bar and mouse combo to drag the comp around causes no issue.

I am working with a 1920 x 1080 comp, 30 FPS. I have also tested it with a 200 x 200 comp, and the issue still occurs.

I have 50 GB dedicated to Max Disk Cache, and 6 GB (of 8 GB total) available for AE.

Anyone have any idea why I might be experiencing this? I am currently stuck viewing my comp at 100% or greater detail and cannot get a full view of my project without dragging it around. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 15, 2017 Mar 15, 2017

What GPU do you have?

Does it still occur if you set your resolution to Auto?

What happens if you disable the "Hardware Accelerate...Panels" preference?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Version of AE and your OS down to the last decimal point. If you are not running the latest build of your current version you are asking for trouble.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AE Version 14.1.0.57

Windows 7 Professional - Service Pack 1

I uninstalled and reinstalled AE yesterday, so I imagine I have the latest version available.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 15, 2017 Mar 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What GPU do you have?

Does it still occur if you set your resolution to Auto?

What happens if you disable the "Hardware Accelerate...Panels" preference?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 15, 2017 Mar 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

GPU: ATI FirePro V4800 (FireGL)

Yes, it still occurs with resolution set to Auto.

When I disable "Hardware Accelerate Composition, Layer, and Footage Panels" it WORKS!

Sweet, thank you!

So I'm guessing my GPU (pushing 7 years old) is the bottleneck?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 16, 2017 Mar 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know if we have to blame your GPU. It should still work. There is an odd thing that I've seen some people dealing with in this new version with non-100% zoom and full resolution in the comp panel. I don't know if your issue is related or not (I don't work for Adobe), but it seems awfully similar to me. At least we found a fix!

If you want to let Adobe know about the bug (they'd appreciate it), please file a bug report. It probably wouldn't hurt to share link to this post in your report.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've filed a bug report.

Thanks for the help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No problem! I'm just glad you're up and running.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines