• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Making changes after Pre-composing

New Here ,
Mar 16, 2017 Mar 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can i Make changes after pre-composing clips? Also, How do I undo precomposed clips? Sorry im new to After Effects.

Thanks,

Manh

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 16, 2017 Mar 16, 2017

What kind of changes? I mean, you can go into the precomp and do stuff in there or you can do stuff in the main comp.

You can't "undo" precomposed clips (other than the undo command [that is, Edit>Undo or ctrl+z on PC cmd+z on Mac]), but you can copy them from the precomp and paste them back into the main comp.

If you're new to AE, you should really get a firm grasp on the basics before you do anything else. Lynda.com and Digital Tutors (now called Plural Sight, I think) have some great courses. I

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What kind of changes? I mean, you can go into the precomp and do stuff in there or you can do stuff in the main comp.

You can't "undo" precomposed clips (other than the undo command [that is, Edit>Undo or ctrl+z on PC cmd+z on Mac]), but you can copy them from the precomp and paste them back into the main comp.

If you're new to AE, you should really get a firm grasp on the basics before you do anything else. Lynda.com and Digital Tutors (now called Plural Sight, I think) have some great courses. If you don't want to pay anything Adobe has some free getting started lessons on Adobe.com, but I quite like the series of tutorials Andrew Devis did on CreativeCOW.net (you can find them here)  They were done a while ago, but the basic functionality of AE hasn't changed much since then.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Dude!

I tried going back into the precomp to make changes but no video displays. I also tried copy video from precomp to main but nothing happens. I know it shouldnt be this hard and im some how missing the steps. thanks for the link. Ill check it out!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Keep in mind that After Effects is the most complex piece of software Adobe makes. It's not the kind of thing you can pick up in a day and it's not the type of thing you can pick up just by messing around - like you can with Photoshop. So, be prepared to put in quite a bit of time before you can really get into using it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yeh Im starting to realize that. Ive been good so far with following tutorials but you are right. Understanding the fundamentals is crucial. This is my second week in actually learning and using this powerful app! I love it but yeh its complex for sure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines