• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Gopro raw and Lightroom "problem"

New Here ,
Mar 15, 2017 Mar 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, i've latest lightroom version and when import .gpr (gopro hero 5 raw) files from my gopro, looks like they are modified by lightroom in import phase. I use the function "protune" with native WB and Flat colour so the JPEG has a totally flat colour but if I open the raw .gpr files in lightroom (and even camera raw) they haven't flat colour like JPEG but looks modified by lightroom (saturation, WB ecc.). There is a setting that i can change for have the flat colour from protune?

Sorry for my english.

Thanks, Simone

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 16, 2017 Mar 16, 2017

when import .gpr (gopro hero 5 raw) files from my gopro, looks like they are modified by lightroom in import phase. I use the function "protune" with native WB and Flat colour so the JPEG has a totally flat colour but if I open the raw .gpr files in lightroom (and even camera raw) they haven't flat colour like JPEG but looks modified by lightroom (saturation, WB ecc.). There is a setting that i can change for have the flat colour from protune?

When any program displays a raw file, it must use wha

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 16, 2017 Mar 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi simonec,

Please check that you have not applied any develop preset on the import, refer the below screenshot.

Import Preset Lr.png

Thanks,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for answer.

I haven't presets applied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See if the video at the link below clarify this issue.

Lightroom processes the raw file data using their own propriety rendering and profile for the camera. Lightroom will ignore any special settings you may have selected in your camera.

Why Does the Photograph’s Preview Change in Lightroom and Bridge? - YouTube

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for answer. Video respond to my answer, but in the video there is a lot of camera matching profile but I've only one and i can't change. I've done a small video of my import workflow

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this a new behavior since updating to the current Lr? If it is try resetting your preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when import .gpr (gopro hero 5 raw) files from my gopro, looks like they are modified by lightroom in import phase. I use the function "protune" with native WB and Flat colour so the JPEG has a totally flat colour but if I open the raw .gpr files in lightroom (and even camera raw) they haven't flat colour like JPEG but looks modified by lightroom (saturation, WB ecc.). There is a setting that i can change for have the flat colour from protune?

When any program displays a raw file, it must use what LR calls a "camera profile" to interpret the raw sensor data. There is no inherent or "correct" way to interpret that sensor data.  In particular, a camera profile that shows colors as "flat" is no more "correct" than one that shows colors more naturalistically.   A camera profile isn't "modifying" the white balance or tone curve relative to some underlying absolute standard -- it's just providing one interpretation of the raw sensor data.

LR often includes multiple camera profiles for a given camera model, providing different interpretations of the raw sensor data, e.g. Adobe Standard, Camera Standard, Camera Vivid etc. None of these is more "correct" than the other -- they're just different interpretations of the sensor data, intended to provide different looks.  

From the point of view of preserving image information for later editing, there isn't any advantage to having a camera profile that produces the camera-standard look versus one that produces the flat look of unadjusted log-encoded video (e.g. Protune).   The raw sensor data is still available no matter the starting camera profile, and by applying the proper edits, you can end up with the same final look.

I can't find any sample Hero5 .gpr files to download, but it appears there is only one camera profile available, and it is embedded in the .gpr file by GoPro. 

If you wish to have your raws start with the same look as your unadjusted Protune video so that you can apply similar adjustments to both and get a similar final look, you could adjust the LR tone curve and white balance, save those settings as a develop preset, and then apply that preset automatically when you import Hero5 raw photos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i've uploaded gpr and jpeg test files for you:

http://https://mega.nz/#F!mV1mHKLY!-hLjNyM_Q_n05-MQjEc6rw

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 17, 2017 Mar 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines