• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Palette window buttons are unresponsive when launched using BridgeTalk

New Here ,
Mar 14, 2017 Mar 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have come across several instances in Windows Photoshop CC 2015 when the palette buttons are unresponsive. The purpose of the palette in this case is to stall the application until a bat script completes while still giving the user the option to "cancel" if necessary.

I haven't had any success creating the palette window with and without BridgeTalk(). It almost seems like there is a ScriptUI parenting issue since the entire panel appears to be disabled. Please let me know if anyone has come across this issue or if there's a known workaround. Thanks!

Here's an example:

Ex)

function WinObject() {

var windowResource = "palette { orientation: 'column', alignChildren: ['fill', 'top'], preferredSize:[300, 130], text: 'ScriptUI Window - palette', margins:15,            bottomGroup: Group{cancelButton: Button { text: 'Cancel', properties:{name:'cancel'}, size: [120,24]}}    }";

var win = new Window(windowResource);

win.bottomGroup.cancelButton.onClick = function() {

scriptRunning = false;

win.close()

};

var scriptRunning = true;

win.show();

while (scriptRunning)

{

app.refresh();

}

win.close();

};

var message = WinObject.toString() + "\nnew WinObject();";

var bt = new BridgeTalk();

bt.target = "photoshop";

bt.body = message;

bt.onResult = function(obj)

{

alert("RECEIVE ON RESULT");

}

bt.send(5);

TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 15, 2017 Mar 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You usually only need to wait for a Bat file to complete when you need to use what the bat file or executable creates. What I do is  set some up to something I can test for in the script the indicates that process has completed.  I loop the script looking for the signal  Then put out an alert Thes process did not complete yet. This Alert paused the script. When the user dismisses the alert I test again. It the signal has happened during the alert I continue else I abort.

StartPgm(path,program,options,pbmName);                                           // Create eps file

app.refresh();                                                                                         // slow down Photoshop with a refresh

for (var i=0;i<100000;i++) { if (!testeps.exists) break; }                          // wait a short time before forcing a pause

if (!testeps.exists) {alert('File "' + testeps + '" was not cteated yet'); }    // force a pause

if (!testeps.exists) {alert('File "' + testeps + '" was not cteated'); return;}

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 16, 2017 Mar 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

yes, I suppose that's a valid workaround. I was really hoping to get this to work with the palette in order to give the user more control.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines