• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

problem importing pictures

New Here ,
Mar 16, 2017 Mar 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, i have just installed lightroom onto our laptop, I have done some processing on registax for astrophotography and saved the image in a folder on the desktop.  i have tried importing the image into lightroom and get the message NO ITEMS MATCH YOUR SEARCH, i have tried to import other pictures which i know is on the laptop but get the same message, any ideas please, thanks in advance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 16, 2017 Mar 16, 2017

Photos in a 'Desktop Folder' are not as readily available as you might think. They are 'deep' inside C:\Users\your name\Desktop\sub-folders.  (Because the desktop is a part of a User profile in Windows.)

Also the Windows "Libraries" are next to useless!  Lightroom cannot find photos in these.

Have a read of this forum thread that suggests where to look for the Desktop when importing.-

can't import photos

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have filters turned on. Turn them off. Use Ctrl-L on Windows (I can't remember what the MAC keyboard combination is).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have turned off the filters and still nothing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Show us a screen capture

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

im on the pc at the moment, how can i get a screen shot and i will try and upload it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the problem is on the laptop, could it be because the lightroom i have is an old version and the laptop is running on windows 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Photos in a 'Desktop Folder' are not as readily available as you might think. They are 'deep' inside C:\Users\your name\Desktop\sub-folders.  (Because the desktop is a part of a User profile in Windows.)

Also the Windows "Libraries" are next to useless!  Lightroom cannot find photos in these.

Have a read of this forum thread that suggests where to look for the Desktop when importing.-

can't import photos

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines