• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Re: Lines appear above or below the logos when printing

New Here ,
Mar 16, 2017 Mar 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a similar problem. I am using InDesign CC 2017. I have made a banner that contains several customer provided logos. Lines appear above or below the logos exactly where the placeholder are. I am printing on scrim using a HP5500 wide format printer. These lines are not visible in InDesign in any viewing mode. None of the placeholders have a stroke.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Weeneydog, what is the color mode of your banner document? Is it RGB or CMYK? (Look under Edit > Transparency Blend Space). Also, what are the color models of the placed logo art files? You should be entirely RGB on all these choices (unless it is a PostScript printer driver). Also, are you printing from InDesign directly or are you exporting a PDF and printing from the PDF? If the latter, how are you making the PDF?

Mike Witherell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The color space is cmyk. The logos are jpeg (rgb). There is nothing on the master pages. The printer supports cmyk and rgb. Do I need to change my color space to rgb so there is not conflict with the logos?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While no always critical, I generally recommend making all color spaces agree. That way, if you are doing anything blend-mode or transparency, the outcome should work well. How are you making the PDF that you are printing from?

Mike Witherell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I export it directly from inDesign.

On Mar 16, 2017 1:44 PM, "Michael Witherell" <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, but what settings when you make the PDF?

Mike Witherell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Default setting for preset "High Quality Print".

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I see that Sandra Pernille, who asked the original question has dropped off this thread and it has moved in a direction away from helping her. I'm going to branch your question to a new thread, weeneydog​, so that you can both get the answers that you need.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines