Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Certificate Specifications

Mar 16, 2017 Mar 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a document anywhere that specifies the requirements for certificates to be able to sign documents? I am able to create certificates through Adobe Acrobat Pro and those work, but I am trying to create a working template in my organization that can issue certificates from a single point so we can have trust across the organization.

I can set Application Policies (Extended Key Usage) and Key Usage settings within my certificates, but I still end up with problems validating the trust chain.

Currently I have the following Certificate Settings:

• EKU: Code Signing
  • KU: Digital Signature

When I look at a signature signed by this cert, I get this:

at1.PNG

Looking at the certificate chain, the Root seems to have a problem with Basic Constraints, but I can't understand what the specific reason is. The only indicators are the Yellow Warning and the red Exclamation mark:

at2.PNG

Can someone help me out?

TOPICS
Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User

Looks like I found the issue.

The Certificate held by my enterprise CA uses a Signature Algorithm that is "too new" and not yest supported by acrobat per this thread

at3.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Looks like I found the issue.

The Certificate held by my enterprise CA uses a Signature Algorithm that is "too new" and not yest supported by acrobat per this thread

at3.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines