• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can anyone tell me what this character means?

Mar 16, 2017 Mar 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

scan0001.jpg

We recently switched to using InDesign for publishing our newspaper. This graphic came up

this week on one of our classified pages. The ad above the painting box had the phone number cutoff

and we are assuming it has something to do with the icon that is circled. If anyone could tell me

what the icon means I would appreciate it!

We did try to locate the remainder of the phone number, assuming it was hidden under

the "Painting" box, however it was not there. It is as if the remainder of the phone number vanished.

Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think that is an icon. It looks like it's the last four digits of the phone number, all stacked up on top of each other. It's going to be impossible to tell without seeing the original InDesign file.;

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SJRiegel  wrote

...it's the last four digits of the phone number, all stacked up on top of each other.

I'm quite certain that's what it is. It's the correct height, and I surely see a '2' in there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look in the Story Editor with text selected to see if you can find the phone number. If you drew a box, delete it to see if the phone number shows up. Report back with your findings.

How did you create the box? This first one is in an anchored frame.

Using a Rule Above and Below would be quicker.

Drawing a box on top of the word Painting is most likely to cause problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

How did you submit the ad? This has all the markings of someone opening a PDF in Illustrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines