• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash msi 25.0.0.127 problem

New Here ,
Mar 14, 2017 Mar 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I run the msi from a command line (msiexec /i "install_flash_player_25_plugin.msi" /qn /norestart) Flash appears to install, and it's listed in Programs & Features, but, it doesn't actually install. This is the same method I have used to install Flash for a few years without issue.

I've replicated this issue on multiple Windows 10 Enterprise x64 boxes.

2017-03-14_17-35-11.jpg2017-03-14_17-35-38.jpg2017-03-14_17-36-52.jpg2017-03-14_17-36-20.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 15, 2017 Mar 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I tried the same at our end but could not reproduce the above mentioned behavior. Are you running the command prompt as administrator? If not please try the command again with cmd run as administrator.

In case you still see some issue please let us know.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it is being run from an admin command prompt.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi brians52185656

Please run the MSI installer again and create a log file with the v+x options (verbose + additional debugging) enabled.

After installation completes upload the verbose MSI log file and the FlashInstall.log files from C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash AND C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash directories to cloud.acrobat.com/send using the instructions at How to share a document and post the link to the uploaded files in your reply.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 16, 2017 Mar 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 16, 2017 Mar 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the log files.  We'd like to get more information on your deployment process:

1. Is this failure happening as a result of deploying the MSI via a deployment tool (e.g. sccm)?
  2. Are you running the MSI installer directly, via cmd-line, on the desktop?
  3. Can you attempt to reproduce the behaviour by running the MSI in UI mode on the desktop?  Also, provide updated FlashInstall.log files for this installation attempt.

Thank you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 21, 2017 Mar 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. No, I was not using a deployment tool. I was testing prior to deploying though SCCM.

2. The installer is being run through an admin command prompt.

3. If I run the MSI directly, the installation succeeds.

Shared Files - Acrobat.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

According to the log files, the most recent installation attempt was successful.  Is this when you installed in UI mode?

Please provide the MSI install log file with the v+x options enabled.  If you need to run the installer again to generate the MSI log file, I need updated FlashInstall.log files that include the failed installation attempt.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the MSI is run directly, the install is successful. Through command line, however, it fails.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I understand that.  Please provide the MSI log file (with v+x options) for the failed command-line installation.  And updated FlashInstall.log files that contain logging for the failed installation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines