• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exporting to HTML : Shapes & Transparency

New Here ,
Mar 16, 2017 Mar 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there! I am trying to figure out how to export my INDD file to HTML while keeping the transparency and shapes as they appear in my document. Right now when I export, all shapes (such as circles) are turned into squares with a message saying "Non rectangular objects will not appear correctly when exported using CSS." and I loose all transparency on all objects and images. I have tried a lot of techniques and have done research, but cannot figure out how to export correctly to HTML. Please help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

InDesign was not design for producing HTML. Its HTML export is very limited, primarily focusing on export of text. Likely, you'll need to recreate shapes and transparency using another tool like Adobe Dreamweaver or Adobe Muse.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for your reply. This is exactly what I thought. I tried using both Muse and Dreamweaver but I quickly realized I had no idea how to use these programs. I will try to learn them and see what I can do. Do you have any suggestions for reading materials/videos on how to learn these programs? Please let me know! Thank you!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the end product destined to be? A website or some other HTML based output?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is a graphic/invitation for an e-blast so someone can just copy the HTML and paste into their emailing service.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Forget it, then.

Use a service like Constant Contact or Mail Chimp. You’ll never accomplish this with InDesign, Muse or Dreamweaver.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines