• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to use these mockups?

Community Beginner ,
Mar 16, 2017 Mar 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just downloaded a 7-day trial of Photoshop CC so I can experiment with these mockups: https://mockup.zone/print-flyer-poster

I've been using Gimp/Inkscape and not been involved with print much until now. So my question is; the mockups have folded pages etc. How do I make my image 'transform' properly - is that feature built in to the mockups? I've tried skeywing my image a little and making it semi-transparent to let the paper folds show through, but it weakens the image too much and generally looks quite bad

I know there's a trick to getting my mockups to look as faithful as the demo at the link above. They're just .psd files. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 16, 2017 Mar 16, 2017

Try transform, warp. You don't have to get the images perfect to make them look like they are on the pages.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try transform, warp. You don't have to get the images perfect to make them look like they are on the pages.

Melissa Piccone | Adobe Trainer | Pluralsight Author | Fine Artist

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, that is a great tool. But it's not allowing the creases to show. There's something else to get the quality they show in the link above.

When I open the PSD, the 'layer' is labelled "<< DOUBLE CLICK" and when I hover on the thumbnail it says it's a "smart object". Double clicking expands it into a few layers and sub directories.  The layers revealed are labelled 'replace left' and so on. I think there's a way of getting it almost perfect (keeping shading, folds etc).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Double click on the smart objects - they will open as new documents. Drop your pieces in there - save - don't save as, just save in the smart object and they will show up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That did the trick. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great! Can you mark the answer correct?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Done Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines