• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bizarre page offset in spread view

Explorer ,
Mar 16, 2017 Mar 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have created a simple 8-page document in ID. In setup, it is described as facing pages. Pages 1 and 8 sit on their own at the top and bottom, and the spreads for 2-3, 4-5 and 6-7 sit in between. Bizarrely, at some pint in the editing process (over three weeks or so)) page 2 started displaying offset from page 3 – the entire page sits down about 1/4" from page 3. This can be seen clearly on screen (I will try to attach a screen shot). If I output to a PDF in "Spreads" mode, it looks fine. But if I output as "Pages", sure enough, the content of page 2 sits about 1/4" lower than the content on page 3 (also true when output to hard copy). This is critical and blatantly obvious, since I have a graphic element that spans the entire spread. Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance, M. Davis, Atlanta GA

inDesign-spread-offset.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Mar 16, 2017 Mar 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My guess is that the page got moved accidentally with the Page tool. It looks like the elements have remained, but the page moved.

I would select the Page tool and simply move the page in question back into place. The quick way to check if this is the case (if you don't want to move the page) is to add a bleed around the pages and the red bleed line will outline the pages, even if they are offset.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines