• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issue with B&H with software for Portrait Pro

Participant ,
Mar 17, 2017 Mar 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I decided to buy Portrait Pro "Studio" version which is being sold directly for $59.95 on their website. (Portrait Professional).
The Studio version is the one that can be a plug in for either PS or LR.

I had some credits with B&H so I decided to buy it thru them.

Frankly I did not pay attention to the full write up on the sale as it said Portrait Pro 12.

Version 15 has been out since 9-15-2015 from threads on various websites.

When I went to download the software there was a request to upgrade to v15 for an additional $44.95.

The upgrade said that it was normally $59.95 but because I had v12 they would reduce the purchase by $15.00 which would bring the total to $104.90.

I wrote to both B&H and Portrait Professional and neither responded with even an auto reply that they received the e-mails I sent.

Question:

Has anyone purchased v15 directly or indirectly from PP and was it for $59.95 or did they pull a bait and switch and ask for more money of $44.95.

I am trying to keep an open mind with B&H as I have used them for years without a single problem and want to make sure I understand where and who the problem lies with.

Thanks,

Greg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 17, 2017 Mar 17, 2017

You can set Safari to use Google as its main search service if you enter the search in the address bar. If your on the AT&T-Yahoo page and start typing it Auto uses the Yahoo search. AT&T/Yahoo is my home page but a never use their search feature.

Or just type Google in the search at AT&T/Yahoo then your actual search text.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you ever heard of Google?

https://www.google.com/search?q=Portrait+Pro+%22Studio%22&oq=Portrait+Pro+%22Studio%22&aqs=chrome..6...

Honestly this has nothing to do with Lightroom or even any Adobe product.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, and frankly your Google search engine is obviously better then mine, I have Safari and it uses Yahoo.
I will use the excuse the I am 74 years old and do not research various search engines, and just stay with what came with the setup, at my age I obviously have a lot to learn and keep trying.

BTW, I asked here because the Studio version is for LR and PS.

This is what Yahoo shows, the web site does not refer to what version, I now have prove that it was v15, thanks to you, I appreciate it:
Yahoo search.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can set Safari to use Google as its main search service if you enter the search in the address bar. If your on the AT&T-Yahoo page and start typing it Auto uses the Yahoo search. AT&T/Yahoo is my home page but a never use their search feature.

Or just type Google in the search at AT&T/Yahoo then your actual search text.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I tried it and it worked, Thanks
I will get with my grandson and see if I can load it as a separate app and leave it in the dock to use.
I like the St Patty's Day color for the name,

Thanks again, you gave me ammo for my phone call, I am not going to wait 2 days for a e-mail reply
Greg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines