• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

INTERACTIVE BUTTON ON PDF GONE MISSING ON ADOBE ACROBAT

New Here ,
Feb 15, 2017 Feb 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I exported a pdf of few hundred pages long with buttons for certain pages to  go back to main menu upon click.

Screen Shot 2017-02-15 at 4.38.23 PM.png

But when I open the pdf in Adobe Acrobat Pro, sometimes the buttons doesn't show up, but the mouse curser would change to 'hand' form'.

It happens so randomly with any interactive buttons on the page, so I don't know what is the real issue. So sometimes all buttons work just fine, and sometimes

they start missing..

I've used inDesign CC in order to export the pdf using 'Export as interactive PDF'.

Screen Shot 2017-02-15 at 4.40.31 PM.png

Not sure whether I should change any settings in export dialog in inDesign differently? Or is it the issue with Adobe acrobat?

It would be great if someone can help me out!

Thanks so much.

Best,

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 17, 2017 Mar 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Create the buttons in Adobe Acrobat, not InDesign.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 28, 2017 Mar 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem with InDesign CC 2015 and CC 2017. I went back and used CS6 and no problems.

Definitely a problem with InDesign CC.

And to Bernd, recreating hundreds of buttons in Acrobat every time a document changes is totally unproductive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 28, 2017 Mar 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't need recreate the buttons.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 09, 2017 Aug 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have a very similar issue - I have an interactive PDF, in preview all, works fine, when published online, all works fine. However,  when published as an interactive PDF buttons appear that should be hidden, items disappear etc.

it is interesting to note how adobe do not appear to have bothered to answer your question. Did they contact you directly?

come on Adobe - help us out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Aug 11, 2017 Aug 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Report it!

There is now a more transparent feature request and bug reporting process. You can log, track, and even vote on new features or bugs on https://adobeindesign.uservoice.com/,  You can also post without leaving InDesign through the Menu > Help > Submit Bug/Feature Request dropdown.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 28, 2017 Sep 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Some solution? Got the same problem. #adobe #support support ticket​

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines