• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Speed up PDF export

Enthusiast ,
Mar 16, 2017 Mar 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rather open ended question. Wondering if there are any settings in the PDF export dialogue that would help speed up the PDF creation of a certain document.

Using CC2015, I have a 200+ page ID doc with 25+ multiple page ID files placed in. I'd use the book function normally, but these require a page number / header overlay not included in original docs. Exporting this doc to a PDF takes about 45 minutes. Saving it takes about 15.

Any ideas on PDF settings that may speed up the creation - I realize it's churning through a lot of data, but wasn't sure if there are any check boxes I could uncheck to expedite. Just using a custom definition of 150 dpi / jpg quality automatic - high.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 16, 2017 Mar 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dave,

unfortunately I have no advice but:

1. Restart the machine before exporting to PDF.

2. Have no other app open if possible when exporting.

I'm not sure about the placed InDesign pages:

Maybe it would help a lot to place PDFs instead of InDesign pages.

Regards,
Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 17, 2017 Mar 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It is often faster to place PDFs. But take care that you use only PDF/X-4 for any PDF you are using in InDesign, regardless which standard is later required from the printer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines