Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Composition widget on android is not closing the target box after roll out

Community Beginner ,
Mar 17, 2017 Mar 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I build a menu for the alternative mobile site with the composition widget. It is a one page site with anchors. After clicking and jumping to the anchor the menu closes.

see the set up in the screen shot below. On my iPhone the menu works fine. On Android the menu does not close, what can i do.

Here the link: http://studionestor.de/test/

PS: I just saw it works on samsung but not Sony

thanks for helping

Bildschirmfoto 2017-03-17 um 13.35.03.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Mar 23, 2017 Mar 23, 2017

Hi,

I have identified your issue and it is happening in the latest chrome update - 56.0.2924.87 only.

I have notified this to the engineering team and a bug will be logged very soon regarding this.

Stay tuned for further update.

Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 20, 2017 Mar 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi querstion1,

Let me check with the team and get back to you on this one.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mar 21, 2017 Mar 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This looks like a device specific issue.

Please check if you noticing it in a particular browser or each browser of Sony phone.

If it is working on Chrome browser of Samsung so shall be fine with Sony as well.

Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 22, 2017 Mar 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Ankush,

I will check about the browser and get back to you asap. In the meantime I wrote down the version of Chrome and Android where the widget is working and where it is not working. Maybe this is helpful for your.

CY Max

Not working under Sony Xperia

Chrome 56.0.2924.87

Android 6.0.1;D5803 Build/23.5.A.0.575

Not working under ThL T5

(the phone is not available at the moment so I can only give you the browser version)

Chrome 56.0

Android ?

Working under ZTE Blade L3

Chrome 54.0.2840.85

Android 5.0.0;ZTE Blade L3 Build LRX21M

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Ankush

The widget works under the Firefox on Sony Xperia but the widget does not work on other Sony phones with Chrome 56.0.2924.87 (see below)

Can you give a solution, so the widget will work also under Chrome.

Regards Max

Working under Sony Xperia

Firefox 52.0.1 

Android 6.0.1;D5803 Build/23.5.A.0.575

Not working under Sony Xperia

Chrome 56.0.2924.87

Android 5.1.1;C6603 Build/10.7.A.0.228

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Create a new site with only one page and only the misbehaving elements (the composition), which demonstrate your issue. (This is helpful because it saves download and analyzing time).

Upload this .muse file(!) to Dropbox or a similar file sharing service and provide the download link here.

Then we can have a closer look.

Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Ankush

I created the new site with only one page and only the misbehaving element and uploaded it to the following url:

http://www.studionestor.de/misbehaving_element.zip

So you can have a close look and give me the solution for make the widget work on Chrome 56.0 aswell.

Appreciating your support, thanks

Max

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have identified your issue and it is happening in the latest chrome update - 56.0.2924.87 only.

I have notified this to the engineering team and a bug will be logged very soon regarding this.

Stay tuned for further update.

Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 03, 2017 Apr 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Ankushr

can you give me news about the bug. It is about 10 days ago your last response and I really need a solution for this issue.

Thank you for a quick reply.

All the best Max

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 05, 2017 Apr 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Max,

The bug has been logged for this and you can expect a fix by our next release.

However, as of now we don't have any tentative release date.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Meanwhile you can activate the close button so that the menu can be closed manually as a workaround.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 24, 2017 Mar 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ankushr

Thank you for your answer. How long will it take for the engineering team to solve the bug. Because activating the close button is not working as a workaround for the menu.

Regards,

Max

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For your workaround:

Without seeing the .muse, it looks like, you have set this one to hide on rollout instead of hide on click (german sounds different, that´s why I put the screenshot).

Bildschirmfoto 2017-03-24 um 15.50.33.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Fotoroeder

Thank you for your message. The workaround (changing from »hide on rollout« to »hide on click«) does not do what is needed: closing the menu and jump to the anchor, and it makes the menu not work anymore for all other platforms where it was working so far (iPhone safari, Android firefox)

I better wait for the engineering team to solve the bug.

How long will it take to solve the bug. Can you give a rough estimate.

Cheers Max

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, yes you are right. I first only tried it on desktop, there I could´t even reach the menu because moving the pointer to the menu makes the menu disappear.

I also realized, that even in desktop version, the menu does`t close.

And – I was not able to pin your composition to the top left. So it would disappear after arriving the next anchor.

I could only solve it with a new file.

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 13, 2017 Jun 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Please see below thread and verify if your issue is fixed with latest build Muse 2017.0.3.20.

Adobe Muse CC 2017.0.3 is now live

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 30, 2017 Jul 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

I use Muse 2017.0.4.8 and the issue still exists.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines