• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Original file lost during backup

New Here ,
Mar 17, 2017 Mar 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use LR 6 on a Mac Sierra v10.12.3. I have in the past successfully moved pictures from LR to an external drive. This time, something went wrong and I cannot find back the original file.

The pictures are shown in LR with the mention "original file not found". I select "locate" and can find the right place of location on my external drive....however, the LR catalog identified in my external drive remain in a shadow grey and cannot be selected to move back the pictures to LR.

Unfortunately, I decided to move ONE YEAR of pictures....so basically for the time being I have lost 2016 !

Can anyone help ??????

Many thanks in advance

Isabelle

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the folder displayed as "missing" in your library module? If it is, then right-click on it and choose the option to update the folder location. Then you can show Lightroom where the images are on the external hard drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

isaasia  wrote

I use LR 6 on a Mac Sierra v10.12.3. I have in the past successfully moved pictures from LR to an external drive. This time, something went wrong and I cannot find back the original file.

Can you explain exactly how you performed this move? Give us the step by step that you followed to do this. In detail. Leave nothing out.

I select "locate" and can find the right place of location on my external drive....however, the LR catalog identified in my external drive remain in a shadow grey and cannot be selected to move back the pictures to LR.

I don't understand this at all. Lightroom catalog in "shadow grey"? I don't know why you are looking for a catalog at this point, if I am understanding things properly you should be looking for photos. Can you clear this up for me?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines