• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The invisible arm

New Here ,
Mar 17, 2017 Mar 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't see the mesh of the left arm of my character (HIS left), and in the scene I can't see the arm at all. Here are some screenshots with left arm selected and right arm selected, and the scene with and without showing mesh. It looks like the left arm has the same mesh as the right one.. What I did after it worked fine was duplicating and mirroring the left one and rename it right arm. Can anyone help me?screenshot left arm.PNGscreenshot right arm.PNGscreenshot one arm.PNGscreenshot one arm mesh.PNG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 17, 2017 Mar 17, 2017

I think it's having trouble because right now it sees the body as two disconnected floating pieces - or "islands" as we call them - I think if you a) put a body between them, even a temp square that connects them, and b) made the arms independent and stapled them at the shoulder sockets - then it should work.

Also note that CH doesn't always play well with extra background images too - so it looks like it thinks that background is part of the mesh, hence the giant yellow diagonal line going throu

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think it's having trouble because right now it sees the body as two disconnected floating pieces - or "islands" as we call them - I think if you a) put a body between them, even a temp square that connects them, and b) made the arms independent and stapled them at the shoulder sockets - then it should work.

Also note that CH doesn't always play well with extra background images too - so it looks like it thinks that background is part of the mesh, hence the giant yellow diagonal line going through the last image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the tips, it worked! One thing I'm wondering: Can't I use staple and bones in the Photoshop names already? Layers named staple just disappear in CH and bones remain as a normal line. A cycle layer behavior would also be nice to apply in Photoshop already. Now I have to apply it each time I make big changes, and if I duplicate something in Photoshop I have to do the exact same bone rigging twice in CH. And if not, will there ever be a version of CH where nothing resets after big Photoshop changes?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad that worked. We've moved away from Photoshop rigging for the most part, as it's largely a mystery of what happens and people were running into all sorts of issues with it early on. We're working to make the sync stuff better so CH is smarter about your syncs/edits and tried to keep rigging tied to particular parts - the next version will have some big improvements in this area!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Okay. Looking forward to the new version!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay thanks for the fast reply, I'll try it out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines