Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

text outline remains

New Here ,
Mar 17, 2017 Mar 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Guys,

I'm driving myself nuts trying to do something that seems like it should be really simple.

I'm trying to have a sentence i.e. 'The Boy sat on the Wall' fade in such a way that some of the words remain i.e. becoming 'The Boy              Wall'. To do this I am duplicating the layer, selecting the text I want to vanish and picking its colour as transparent, then putting a fade on the complete sentence so that it fades out leaving the words on the edited layer showing.

Problem is, the outline of the words I have chosen to vanish remains. When I try to select the outline in the colour picker and choose transparent the fill becomes visible and vica versa. I have tried duplicating the layer, deleting the text I don't want and moving it into the correct position but it's tricky and slow to get it into the exact right position. You can generally perceive some slight movement no matter how much I try with decimal place movement of the layer.

The beauty of my initial plan was that the sentence would still hold its formatting and be identical, and quick to do. But with these outlines it's not working. Can anyone tell me what i'm missing?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you have the words highlighted that you want transparent select the Fill color and hit the "no" button to make it transparent, then just adjust the stroke to be 0 pixels. That will only effect what you have selected and all of it will be gone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry I forgot to mention that when I select the text in the character window it says that stroke width is zero. But I can still see one and it appears on playouts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post some screen shots?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Purge your memory & caches.  If you've run previous AE versions, scrutinize your cache storage and drag any caches from them into the trash & delete.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for these answers guys, on location right now and not able to check but as soon as i'm back in the office I will try the purge and post some screenshots.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 02, 2017 May 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi RupertVDB,

Did you ever solve your issue? Did our experts' advice help at all? Please let us know.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines