• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to switch off zoom/move?

Participant ,
Mar 17, 2017 Mar 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lately it sometimes happens that I switch on zoom/move, and then don't know how to switch it off again/switch to another tool. Just now, diving me nuts, can do nothing but move and zoom in and out. What's the trick?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only mouse cursor in Lightroom is the zoom cursor. When you click on an image it will zoom to whatever magnification you have chosen. Then the cursor will switch to a hand, indicating that you can move that image around to inspect different parts of it. Just clicking on the image will cause Latin to zoom back to the full view. What do you want to happen differently?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I click on a tool, such as white balance picker, I want LR to switch to that tool. Usually it does that, but sometimes not, so I see no way to pick white balance. For example. And there are several other mouse cursors in Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are no alternative cursors in Lightroom. Are you aware that, in the develop module, you can activate the white balance tool by pressing the W key? There are shortcuts for other tools as well.

Q = Spot removal

M = Gradient tool

R  = Crop tool

Shift + M = Radial filter

K = Adjustment brush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 05, 2017 Apr 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I don't understand why you are saying that there are no alternative cursors in Lightroom. There obviously are, the colour picker, the various brushes, and so on.

I don't know many shortcut keys, I'm using so many programs, it is totally impossible to remember all keys, so if it's easy to click to select, then that's what I do. And normally that works. Only *sometimes* in LR it doesn't. I can't get out of zoom mode and cannot switch to another tool. Hence my question. Maybe it's just a bug in my copy and you are lucky to not have that bug ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 19, 2023 Mar 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe this is a bug in LR, it has been happening for some time. The only way I know to get out of the zoom tool is to restart the program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 19, 2023 Mar 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You’ve posted to a very old thread. It is highly unlikely that the issue described in this thread, though not impossible, is the same issue which you are currently experiencing. Rather than resurrect an old thread that is seemingly similar, you are better posting to a new thread with fresh, complete information including system information, a complete description of the problem and step-by-step instructions for reproduction. 

In the unlikely event the issue is the same, we will merge you back into the appropriate location. 

Thank you!

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines