• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Compatibility [Fireworks and Windows 10]

New Here ,
Mar 17, 2017 Mar 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Fireworks is compatible with windows 10 or not?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 17, 2017 Mar 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving to the Fireworks forum

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2017 Mar 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to know whether Adobe Fireworks is Compatible With Windows 10 or do we have any higher version which is compatible with windows 10. please Anyone help me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 04, 2018 Sep 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Absolutely Unprofessional to do Action without even try to reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Sep 05, 2018 Sep 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You do realize this is a forum for users? Do a quick search on this sub-forum, and you will discover that while Fireworks still can be made to work on Windows 10, it needs manual tinkering by the user to do so.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 05, 2018 Sep 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fireworks CS6 works in Windows 10 -  the CSS Properties and jQuery in-app preview panels are disabled for some reason but if you don't use those you should find its OK

Paul-M - Community Expert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 19, 2018 Sep 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Energize: Posting your own answer/fix to the CSS Properties issue: 

Here is a registry hack to get the disabled panels working in Fireworks CS6:

Navigate to: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\CSXS.3

Create a string value with name "PlayerDebugMode" and value: 1

Restart Fireworks if it was already open.

I found this solution on Facebook here:  https://www.facebook.com/groups/fwsingapore/  credit to Martin Karachorov

Hope this helps!
Make sure to press "✔ Correct Answer" on this post if this answers your question. Happy Creating!
Anissa • @anissat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 30, 2020 Dec 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found a solution that works (it is mentioned below in parts, but this is due to this being an old program.  The newer programs from Adobe are much better.  I only have this because I just have an old version of Fireworks as I know it so well so its faster to work with.  Adobe, please bring it back).

OK ->

1. Find the origional Fireworks.exe file (it will be somewhere like C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Fireworks CS6)

2. Right click on the file and go to properties

3. Click on Compatibility

4. Click on "Change high DPI settings

5. Under High DPI Scaling override, Tick "Override high DPI Scaling Behavior. Scaling performed by",

6. Pick System (Enhanced) from the dropdown

7. Pick OK

8. Pick Apply

9. Pick OK

10. Enjoy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 07, 2021 Jan 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, worked like a charm!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 18, 2022 Jan 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did not see this post in time to try any of this - I found a different post that said to uninstall fireworks and reinstall (via the programs in control panel /windows 10/new PC).  A few months ago, we had this problem being stuck in a 00 Trial mode and prompting us for a license key even though we are fully subscribed under the Creative Cloud subsription. one time a couple of years ago we hit this problem and all we did to resolve it was that I signed out of my adobe account in the CCD and then signed in again. The last time thiis happened, we had to uninstall Fireworks from the PC, then we needed to manually enable the "old apps" option in Account Preferences of the CCD dashboard to be able to see the Fireworks program - I think there was an update to the CCD Program that caused it (not sure) - and we had to re-install fireworks from the CCD dashboard and it would run fine. Today, (show old programs was already enabled in my account preferences.) - we tried signing out and back in as well as we tried uninstall/reinstall  Fw - but this did not resolve the issue.  Today, we saw a post where someone had the same steps with the addition of launching MUSE app. So I downloaded/installed the MUSE App. After we launched Muse and completed the Licensure for that product, which I think simply reqired me to login again and enter a 6-digit dual-authentication code, then I was able to start Fireworks and appears to run normally (so far) - and it remembered my recent open files, too. Like it had never been gone.  I am afraid to close the app or restart my PC frankly.  ALSO I dont understand why Fireworks suddenly stopped working and prompting me for a license key. 

We originally purchased FW under CS6 Technical Writer Suite a while back when I was doing both a self-built help module (without robohelp/using DreamWeaver and FireWorks)  and the maintaining of some pages on my company's website using these tools which they had originally purchased when it was Macromedia Suite - so I already had DreamWeaver and FireWorks anyway before Adobe usurped it.  When we repurchased the Adobe Tech Writer Suite CS6 (including RoboHelp) it was on a special promo deal where they bundled in a couple of apps from the Web Designer's CS6 Suite. I forget how Fireworks was included - if it was in the TW Suite or if it was a promo addin. but either way it was licensed with the CS6 Tech Writer bundle - along with Dreamweaver and Photoshop (the latter 2 may have been the addons).  Anyway, when the company upgraded their purchase to the Creative Cloud subscription, Adobe CC dashboard just made all my CS6 apps listed in the Adobe Creative Cloud dashboard. I could see everything I originally had plus all the apps that came with CC Subscription which other people in the building used. This included bundleing my Full Acrobat with PDF Editing. Everything was in the CC Dashboard.

Every so often, CC subscription seems to forget that my Fireworks is legit.  For a while the CC Dash listed 2 copies/versions of Fireworks and Dreamweaver (the CS6 version and the CC Bundled version 2017 if I recall right) and I had to do the updates for both copies, the original CS6 and the CCD version of Fireworks and Dreamweaver. I installed/updated both so that I didnt lose anything.

Recently, CC Dashboard stopped displaying both the Fw CS6 and Fw v2018/9 (or whatever year version it had gotten to - i forget).  Same with Dw.  Now my CCD Dashboard need to have the "show older apps" option enabled in the Account Preferences for Apps.  Now Fw CS6 (version 12.0.0 if you hover) is listed.  I did experience a problem running the FW - it forgot its cookies as they say and started opening up the License Key screen. To recover operation, I uninstalled Fw via the control panel and used CC to reinstall Fireworks CS6, which worked for us the last time we encountered this issue. 

Today though, we had to install Muse and complete the Muse licensure screen. Then we could open and operate Fireworks without problems.

I understand if ADOBE doesnt want to continue to develop Fireworks but they should support the licensed users.

And they should explain what the problem is. And if they want to drop it, then give us our original lincense key number - that we purchesed from them and let us run on that old key again - that is only fair. It is not fair to tell us we can convert and then take it away, making us become severed from our original purchase. Anyway, having Fireworks does not mean I dont use other Adobe products like Photoshop or Illustrator. We use those too.  It just means that I also have Fireworks, which the bulk of our documentation files are in. It is only fair to let us have the original license key or give us a key that allows our purchased copy to keep working as-is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 18, 2022 Jan 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

that makes sense

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines